• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Makit & Bakit Suncatchers

Anyone else remember these?

The commercial jingle started running through my head tonight. The stuff that pops into your mind when you have insomnia. I didn't have the little toy oven but I do remember baking these on tin foil and a baking sheet. I'm positive had a unicorn and I may have had some of the Strawberry Shortcake ones too.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • tay666
    Career Member
    • Dec 27, 2008

Never seen the oven and stuff.
    But I do remember making some of those when I was little.
    Put the little pieces of plastic in the metal outline on a cookie sheet, then bake it in the oven.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^That was my experience, I loved those when I was a kid. I had several.

One Christmas, I received a boxed set of (I think) twelve small ornaments to bake. We put them up for years afterwards for the holiday, hanging from our hallway chandelier.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I don't know who makes them now but I saw them in Hobby Lobby today.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Awesome! I was beginning to think no one else remembered these.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Seems like my sister had some of those. I remember doing the same thing for Shrinky Dinks as well.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

The newer Creepy Crawler oven looks like that. I used to have one in my after school group.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

My sister and I did one of the new ones today. Not as easy as I remembered. Took forever to fully bake it too.

Comment

• tmthor
                  God of Knock-offs
                  • Nov 29, 2005

lol Just bought my daughter one I found at the Yard sale store

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 12, 2016

All those craft sets were big in the 70's...You had a set to make drinking glasses out of old glass bottles...One to make jewelry...the moccasin stuff...rock tumbler...there was even a set to make shrunken heads or something using apples...Vincent Price endorsed it, or his photo was on the box anyway...they don't make as many of those sets today because so many kids just care about video games and electronics...It's sad really...
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎