• Show
Clear All
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Marlon Wayans Explains What Happened to His Robin in 'Batman Forever'

Marlon Wayans Was Originally Cast as Robin in Batman Forever
    (Article by Kofi Outlaw, 03/01/2018)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by comicmike; Mar 4, '18, 4:13 PM.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Well, normally I'd say bullet dodged...but since ALL FOUR of the first Batman movies sucked anyway, I don't see how things could have been much worse.

I'm just grateful we got two good Batman movies...Batman:Begins & TDK(the 3rd one was pretty bad.)
    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

that would have been a trainwreck. just like his turn in Dungeons and Dragons, and the first GI Joe movie

Comment

• Madcap70
        • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by The Bat
        Well, normally I'd say bullet dodged...but since ALL FOUR of the first Batman movies sucked anyway, I don't see how things could have been much worse.

I'm just grateful we got two good Batman movies...Batman:Begins & TDK(the 3rd one was pretty bad.)
        Wow all four sucked? No just the last two....

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

I loved O'Donnel as Robin, so I don't care why Marlon wasn't Robin. Just glad he wasn't.
          And Really Bat, you though all four sucked? Most people loved the first. The second was also loved -though not by as many. The third was actually loved until the fourth one came out and everyone unfairly lumped the two together.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i actually think Batman Forever is the best of that series. it had it's flaws, but still a fun movie and I liked O'Donnel as Robin too. the first Keaton movie was good, but also had it's flaws. Batman Returns was just silly but did have some good moments. B&R just sucked arse

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
              Frankly I'm surprised you approve of any of those movies, since I know you don't like comic book representations that don't look like your childhood comic book art. Surely, the Bale Batsuit looks nothing like the Batman of Neal Adams, and Ledger's Joker looks nothing like Carmine Infantino drew him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I liked O'Donnell in the role as well. I thought Wayans was originally cast in Batman Returns? Maybe when they didn't use him there, they moved his role (in theory) over to Batman Forever? The Robin figure that came in the Kenner Returns line had that crazy high-top fade haircut...which Wayans sported back in the day.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

The original notes were that he was cast as "the kid" in returns. Basically a street kid who helps Batman out, I assume the movie woukd have possibly ended with him in the Robin costume.

While I'm not adverse to a diversity casting decision, I always felt we dodged a bullet with Wayans, I've always thought him better suited to comedy.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
                    Frankly I'm surprised you approve of any of those movies, since I know you don't like comic book representations that don't look like your childhood comic book art. Surely, the Bale Batsuit looks nothing like the Batman of Neal Adams, and Ledger's Joker looks nothing like Carmine Infantino drew him.
                    No, that's not true. I accept that movie translations can't be exact comic versions...otherwise we'd have Spandex. I like the Batman Begins suit quite a bit(and I don't hate TDK Bat-suit). I did however have some reservations about Heath Ledger when he was cast as the Joker(I wanted Adrian Brody because he DOES look like Neal Adams Joker). But then I watched TDK and Ledger TOTALLY blew away...he was FREAKIN' AWESOME!! So yeah...even a old diehard comic Geek's mind can be changed sometimes...if it's done right.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      i actually think Batman Forever is the best of that series.
                      Are you okay?

sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

Nostalgiabuff:
                        i actually think Batman Forever is the best of that series.
                        Hector:
                        Are you okay?

I thoroughly enjoyed Forver as well.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

There’s something wrong with you two, lol...

BTW, I hate Chris O’Donnell and that whiny voice of his...

sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

The Schumacher batman movies were bad movies then and are bad movies now. That said, they've aged a lot better than the Dark Knight trilogy.

The DK movies were so over the top grim dark "Grrr, I'm so angry!" and take themselves so painfully seriously. They were trying so hard to be dark and edgy it almost comes off as parody now. Add to that Bales unintentionally comical barking bat voice makes the movies absolutely unwatchable to me now. Dark Knight Rises was terrible when it came out. Never cared for Ledger's twitchy Joker in DK and like it even less now. Don't have the patience anymore to wait an hour into Begins for Bale to finally put on the Batsuit. They've aged really poorly, in my opinion. I also dislike how the joylessness of the DK trilogy has bled into the DC movie Universe.

The Schumacher movies for all their many, many, many flaws at least don't take themselves so seriously and are intentionally camp.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

I always thought Forever had the right mix of dark, and fun. sometimes it got a little too campy and I was not a fan of all the neon lights Schumacher liked so much, but overall it was a good movie. we finally got to see Batman fighting several guys at once, and it introduced Robin

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎