X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Greater Midwest Toy Show Review

I moved to Sioux Falls, South Dakota around 11 months ago and I'm still discovering what's here. This weekend was the 37th annual Greater Midwest Toy Show, so naturally I had to go check it out. My kids have grown up going to MegoMeet and toy shows, so we loaded up the Godzilla family and went to check it out.

It was a good sized event occupying 2 large ballrooms in a local event center. Easily 90% of it was farm toy/diecast car stuff. It was interesting to see another side to toy collecting I'm not normally exposed to. There were tables of reproduction parts, farm toy customizers, and multiple guys with tables selling the same new matchbox/hot wheels toys you could find in Walmart. Not all that different from other shows I've been to, but a very different subject matter.

There were 2 tables with Star Wars stuff (mostly from the new trilology), a couple classic Joes and AT era vehicles, and some 90s Batman stuff. There were more comic books than I'm used to seeing at shows, but the prices didn't convince me anyone was really interested in selling.

My oldest son managed to find a Sectaurs figure for $1 (good eye) and my youngest got a Heman Stridor horse.

I enjoyed myself, but apart from an overprices painted head GI Joe there was nothing I'd even consider buying.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎