Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I guess this is what Hawkman's wings will look like....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCSuperman
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 4, 2014

I either love these or hate them ... not sure yet. I kinda appreciate the "animated" approach / look.

Comment

• TomStrong
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2011

C361D04D-D95A-47FB-A749-36DE89E9A3BC.jpgI would replace them with Doc Megos foam wings. I made a custom Birdman one time and super glued them to the figures back where the jumpsuit opens up.i think the figure looks really good other than that. Love the headcsulpt and the suit.
      Last edited by TomStrong; Mar 2, '18, 8:26 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Mego had some beautifully-rendered accessories: Green Arrow, Knights, Flash Gordon, Conan. So while I don't hate these wings, I will change them and I can understand why some fans are disappointed by the approach FTC has chosen.

I love Mego cardboard playsets, but I guess I expect/prefer my accessories to be plastic.
        I expect my playsets to be plastic too. Cardboard playsets are outdated and as cheap as they come.Yeah, I was spoiled by the 80's greatness of plastic playsets.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
          I have problems seeing the newsletter. Don't know if it is my computer. I don't get any pics at all. Any suggestions?
          My browser blocks the images unless I click the "view this email on the website" link. And even then, I think I had to change some setting to keep it from blocking Webchimp images. I think it was some sort of privacy setting, but it was a while ago now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

It's a Mego forum, I like Mego playsets, sue me. I've always enjoyed the vinyl-covered Mego, Big Jim, and Barbie playsets for what they are, instead of disliking them for what they are not.

And you can bet your life FTC is not going to invest money on tooling for injection-molded plastic play environments for 1/9 figures.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

For Mego Supergirl, Blue Meanie, Sprytel, and any who can not open the links...

Last edited by comicmike; Mar 3, '18, 9:48 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

It's certainly an... interesting approach! I honestly didn't think much of the wings until I read this thread. My initial reaction was, "COOL!". Then I started reading comments about how we now know how Hawkman will be made and my Mego heart sunk a little...

Based solely on Birdman and what I see, I like the look! The mixing of 3D and flat cartoon style works for me. It reminds me of the cartoon. If the wings are indeed cardboard (is that confirmed, or speculation from the pictures?), that's disappointing because they could achieve the same design with cheap plastic. It's been done. But I understand the people who hate it too and wanted fully sculpted 3D wings. But if I was a kid, I would have been thrilled with this toy! It just looks like fun and I probably would have destroyed the wings from playing with this figure so much. I'd be buying Dr. Mego repro wings for it

Birdman turned out much better than Space Ghost.

All that said, FTC better do fully sculpted wings for the many versions of Hawkman I hope to see!

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Eh---the more I look at those wings... the more I think I could live with them... they'd have to be optimal as far as durability though.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

^^^^^Love it!!! I'll buy multiple of these! One to keep original in card, and another one to keep in card with wings replaced by Mattel DCUC Hawkman's, at a minimum. Thanks for giving us figures to chew FTC!

Comment

• MegoSupergirl
                      • Jul 21, 2014

Thank you!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

sure hope he comes with Avenger. I bet we will see a Harvey Birdman variant, too.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I thought the wings in the picture were drawn to represent what would be eventually made in plastic. If those are the final wing design, they suck!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            sure hope he comes with Avenger. I bet we will see a Harvey Birdman variant, too.
                            They'll get right on that, after Bandit.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

They could put this effort into his boots but not on Red Tornado's?
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jacoblb
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2009

The wings are somewhat what Lego do too except in their case it's often clear, flat plastic (although not all the time as some winged characters have molded wing attachments that fit over the neck post.) I'm not worried about it because someone like Laser Mego will probably have an awesome alternative to customize. I imagine if FTC wanted to do what we'd all prefer like providing fluffy wings or something then the cost on the winged heroes would be significantly more than $30. I know it's a shame most of us will need to empty our pockets to improve the figures from FTC, but it's nothing new to the hobby and I've come to accept that's the nature of ReMego nowadays. Otherwise I like how Birdman looks. The look fits right in line what other FTC themed products.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎