X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Crystar: Crystal Warrior

Crystar is pretty bittersweet for me as it's possibly the last action figure I ever purchased as a kid, I was in the last few weeks of being 12 and the winds of change were blowing. I still think they were neat.

Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Never heard of him but kinda like the artwork of the girl on the right

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Awesome! I collected all the Marvel comics run, but I never once found any of the figures in any of the toy stores I frequented as a kid in Ontario.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

That's a good point, I found them at a Hobby store in the mall and nowhere else.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I saw the Marvel ads for the toys constantly, but never laid eyes on the figures either. Apparently Remco's distribution was a problem.

That is a very nice ad! And I love the tagline: "Marvel and kids, the best of friends". Ah, the more innocent days when every kid could read every Marvel comic.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• acrovader
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2011

My mom bought me some from either Sears or JC Penny. I know I also saw them at Kay-bee. My Crystar figure got a lot of mileage. He worked well with the Tron and Time Traveler figures. There's something cool about translucent figures. A few years ago, I bought some Crystar comic books from ebay. Not a regular collector of comic books, but I thought the Crystar comic book series was rather lame.
            I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

One of the funny take aways from this era was how many single purchase action figures i had. There were so many lines coming out, I'd buy the main guy and stop right there. It was weird.

I remember my desk had like a Crystar, Hawkeye from Mash, Warduke and He-Man on it.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• acrovader
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2011

I rarely ever had the whole line of figures from a toy series back in the day. 100% of the purchasing came from my parents. I don't ever remember buying a single toy with my own money (that's when I had any money) as a kid. There where so many toy lines going on from about 1975 to about the mid-to-late 1980s that it was virtually impossible to 'collect em all'.
                I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                  I remember my desk had like a Crystar, Hawkeye from Mash, Warduke and He-Man on it.
                  I feel like this is a team up that needs to happen.
                  Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                  Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I love this line, they were plentiful here at discount chains and the mall.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• spockoda
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 14, 2018

I don't recall seeing these anywhere but KMart stores. This was one of my favorite lines as a kid. I bought some several years ago off of ebay and still have them. When I would play as a kid, I would pretend Moltar was The Thing from the Fantastic Four. As an adult you realize how cheaply these were made but only if someone made them now in a larger scale perhaps with some higher quality standards....
                      Last edited by spockoda; Mar 2, '18, 6:16 PM.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

This was a bit after my time, never had any of the toys or read the comic. All I know about Crystar is that Glenn Danzig swiped his horned skull logo (originally for his band Samhain and later Danzig) from Michael Golden's cover for the eighth issue of the Crystar comic book. Aaaand that's all of my Crystar knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎