Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystar: Crystal Warrior

Plaid Stallions Crystar: Crystal Warrior

Crystar is pretty bittersweet for me as it's possibly the last action figure I ever purchased as a kid, I was in the last few weeks of being 12 and the winds of change were blowing. I still think they were neat.

Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    Never heard of him but kinda like the artwork of the girl on the right
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Awesome! I collected all the Marvel comics run, but I never once found any of the figures in any of the toy stores I frequented as a kid in Ontario.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Blog Entries
    That's a good point, I found them at a Hobby store in the mall and nowhere else.

Images
    I saw the Marvel ads for the toys constantly, but never laid eyes on the figures either. Apparently Remco's distribution was a problem.

That is a very nice ad! And I love the tagline: "Marvel and kids, the best of friends". Ah, the more innocent days when every kid could read every Marvel comic.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

My mom bought me some from either Sears or JC Penny. I know I also saw them at Kay-bee. My Crystar figure got a lot of mileage. He worked well with the Tron and Time Traveler figures. There's something cool about translucent figures. A few years ago, I bought some Crystar comic books from ebay. Not a regular collector of comic books, but I thought the Crystar comic book series was rather lame.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Blog Entries
    One of the funny take aways from this era was how many single purchase action figures i had. There were so many lines coming out, I'd buy the main guy and stop right there. It was weird.

I remember my desk had like a Crystar, Hawkeye from Mash, Warduke and He-Man on it.

I rarely ever had the whole line of figures from a toy series back in the day. 100% of the purchasing came from my parents. I don't ever remember buying a single toy with my own money (that's when I had any money) as a kid. There where so many toy lines going on from about 1975 to about the mid-to-late 1980s that it was virtually impossible to 'collect em all'.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I remember my desk had like a Crystar, Hawkeye from Mash, Warduke and He-Man on it.
    I feel like this is a team up that needs to happen.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I love this line, they were plentiful here at discount chains and the mall.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.