X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Super7 MOTUC Filmation series 1

It took a long time but it was worth the wait. I think they turned out great.

I've have heard some people are really freaking out about these.

Like, Teela isn't painted exactly like the prototype and Tri-Klops' armor isn't as dark green as the proto. I don't get the complaints on Teela. The figure looks great. Very cartoon accurate and I like the molded in color light skin tone over the tan of the proto. A factory painted figure molded in colored plastic is never going to look exactly the same as a hand painted resin prototype. I can understand, but don't agree with, not liking the lighter green on Tri-Klops. The guys from Super7 stated the color changed in production to match the lighter green of the animation cels and it helped the figure stand out from the previous MOTUC Tri-Klops figure. Again, I can get people not liking the change. I don't get being that mad about it. It's not like the armor is neon green or something. It's also the same color as my vintage Tri-Klops figure.

I've followed how toy production works for a long time and I've seen loads of pics of prototype figures over the years. I get that things can and will change from proto to finished toy. It's the nature of the beast. It doesn't phase me.

The only issue I had with any of the figures is Tri-Klops visor was stuck at first and didn't rotate. I had to dunk his head in hot water to soften the plastic and pop the top of his head off. After snapping it back on it rotated no problem.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Those look great! Straight outta Filmation!

Everything gets hated on nowadays. Don't sweat it.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Some folks have jobs that train their minds to find mistakes/problems (accounting, editing, quality control etc) it's hard to switch that off when it comes to leisure. It's called "The Tetris effect". They look at something like this and it's just second nature to look for imperfection, even before the feels can kick in. It can be very detrimental to their overall happiness.

Other people are just never happy with anything.

These are nice and will make a lot of people happy.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

looks awesome. did the he man figure come out already?

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Got mine yesterday. I have no real complaints other than the paint apps could be better and Tri-klops stuck visor, but that was an easy fix. They are definitely over-priced with the shipping, though I hope they make every Masters character from the cartoon (which is the plan)

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by starsky
            looks awesome. did the he man figure come out already?
            Filmation He-Man, Skeletor and five others were released by Mattel in 2016 before MOTU switched to Super7.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              Some folks have jobs that train their minds to find mistakes/problems (accounting, editing, quality control etc) it's hard to switch that off when it comes to leisure. It's called "The Tetris effect". They look at something like this and it's just second nature to look for imperfection, even before the feels can kick in. It can be very detrimental to their overall happiness.
              I think that's my problem sometimes, that and a little OCD. It gets easier if you recognize it and make an active effort to address it.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎