• TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I want that polar bear.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

okay So this is what supposedly happened to the guy who took the picture of The Shazam suit.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I can't really blame the production folks getting bent out of shape about this. Unofficial pictures can really sink a production. On the other hand, when they decided to film in a public mall, they should have known what was going to happen, and officially leaked a nice, photoshopped photograph of Levi in the suit first.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

really keepin' a tight lid in Toronto.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Glad the suit is bright and shiny. Here's to hoping it goes all in on what makes Captain Marvel special. Would be great if Talky Tawny and Mr. Mind were in there somewhere.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm a long-time, die-hard, fairly traditionalist Captain Marvel fan. I feel very comfortable with the casting and the (slightly updated) costume. The writing and tone of the film will be crucial, though. It should be whimsical, not camp. Camp will kill it. Cap has to have a sense of earnestness and duty, not irony. He should be slightly child-like an a good way, but not childish. He has awesome powers backed up by great wisdom. Not just intelligence, but wisdom.

And the characterization of Billy is so important, more so than Cap in many ways. He must be a good kid but caught in a bad situation. Scrappy, a survivor, responsible beyond his years. But warm and likeable, not a brat.

I have high, high hopes for this film, fingers crossed. It's the sort of vehicle I'd have liked to see Joe Johnston direct. The more Easter eggs and Cap mythos that can be worked into the film, the better I'll like it.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I'm a long-time, die-hard, fairly traditionalist Captain Marvel fan. I feel very comfortable with the casting and the (slightly updated) costume. The writing and tone of the film will be crucial, though. It should be whimsical, not camp. Camp will kill it. Cap has to have a sense of earnestness and duty, not irony. He should be slightly child-like an a good way, but not childish. He has awesome powers backed up by great wisdom. Not just intelligence, but wisdom.

And the characterization of Billy is so important, more so than Cap in many ways. He must be a good kid but caught in a bad situation. Scrappy, a survivor, responsible beyond his years. But warm and likeable, not a brat.

I have high, high hopes for this film, fingers crossed. It's the sort of vehicle I'd have liked to see Joe Johnston direct. The more Easter eggs and Cap mythos that can be worked into the film, the better I'll like it.
                  That's a nice imagining of how it should be. I hope they have understood Captain Marvel and Billy Batson to that degree so we get something close to what you have hit on.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by libby 1957dog

okay So this is what supposedly happened to the guy who took the picture of The Shazam suit.
                    I would’ve reacted very differently...as shove it up your.... ( o ) ....differently.

Sorry, I’m not taking a tongue lashing from anybody, only my dad...and he died in 2005.

BTW, earlier (post #10), I had pointed out the foam muscle pads under the costume, lol...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Ok, I’ll say it...I hate that suit. He looks like the background Christmas trees, lol. Yeah, I know, it’s just like in the comics. But it looks like a Holloween costume. Ok, I’ll be nicer, it looks like something straight outta a CW show. Moviegoers nowadays are very cynical, there could be unintentional snickering going on at the movies. Having said that, if it’s a straight comedy...then it will be okay.

Ok, I’m going back to checking out Superman’s cool alien sci-fi suit...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Maybe it's you that's cynical? It's seems like a predictable iconoclastic post about a character that (as far as I know) you dislike.

It's pretty much the Datrinti costume you posted in the Levi thread, so you're upset it's not burgundy?

Admittedly, I like my Superman in primary red, yellow, and blue--with underpants.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

I knew my last post was going to get you going...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I don’t dislike Captain Marvel/Shazam himself...just his groupies...”He’s a magical Superman, way better, blah, blah, blah...”

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                              I knew my last post was going to get you going...

Yeah, we're both pretty predictable.

And as far as Capt. Marvel is concerned, you''ll get no mea culpa from me as a fan.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 6, '18, 7:15 PM.

Comment

• Makernaut
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Hector
                                I don’t dislike Captain Marvel/Shazam himself...just his groupies...”He’s a magical Superman, way better, blah, blah, blah...”

I have a soft heart for "The Big Red Cheese" for a very special reason. When I was in 2nd Grade my family moved and I left a whole bunch of friends behind at a school I thought was pretty damned cool. (I mean, who gets to study the Space Program in depth in 2nd Grade because Tom Stafford is from YOUR hometown and we are having a big parade for him in recognition of his commanding the Apollo-Soyuz Mission?) Anyway, a couple of months after I had moved, my former classmates pooled their money and bought me a Shazam! Treasury Edition and, as a class, they walked down to the Post Office and mailed it to me along with letters that each of them had written to me. That solidified me as a big fan of Captain Marvel and I am very glad to have that connection.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎