Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

As far as season 3, I had no problem with Batgirl, she was nice to look at in that outfit and her apartment secret layer and Batgirl cycle was a cool set up.

But dang, Nora Clavical, Cassandra Spellcraft, Minerva and the Lord Fogg, Lady Peasoup and Prudence 3 part episode was mildly interesting if not terrible, and although Kitt was a decent Catwoman she was no Newmar.

So I could easily see 2-3 Gorshin Riddler episodes as substitutes for the above, and like I said a team up with Joker or Penguin would have been a nice season 3 surprise.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

The format shift really killed season 3, the episodes seem really rushed and then the tack on set up for the next one at the end costs another few minutes. The few highlights for me are the Tut episodes, Shame's two parter, and the Joker/Catwoman team up. I have it on vudu but really have a hard time watching season 3 episodes.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I think part of that was that Batman refused to break formula in the first few seasons, which is why fatigue set in with viewers. Had they mixed things up earlier in Seasons 1 and 2, the lack of the formula in 3 wouldn't have been as jarring.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• toothaction
          Career Member
          • Jul 15, 2017

Yvonne and the occasional Eartha keep me glued to season 3 to this day.
          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Just to clarify, I don't dislike Yvonne or Batgirl, just the dilution & rushed quality that occurred in season 3 with the addition of another principle character. Not to mention the budget cuts.

I've always liked Kitt for several reasons, and her couturier episode as Catwoman is one I really enjoy.

The tone become broader in season 2 and some villains handle that better than others. Some fans don't like Buono's over-the top Tut, but I find him hilarious and still menacing. I can see how he influenced DC's Maxie Zeus.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I agree about season 3 being seemingly rushed, plus a batch of poorly selected villains, Egghead going from a sinister crafty villain to a whipped little wus riding a donkey, only one Riddler episode, no Newmar.

I did like the King Tut episodes, especially when he found out Bruce Wayne was Batman, Commish Gordon hiding in the trunk of the batmobile, Joan Collins in that outfit, the Shame two parter, Joker/Catwoman team up, Joker on a surfboard yelling kowabunga.

a good episode would have been bringing Bookworm back to tangle with librarian Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                ...a good episode would have been bringing Bookworm back to tangle with librarian Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
                I would have loved that, Bookworm was awesome.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 1, '18, 12:10 AM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎