• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mortal Kombat Scorpion driving MOTU Landshark

It's as cool as it sounds.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I like that! Is that one of the variant figures?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Nice! Man, I loved the Landshark as a kid. How fun was it to chomp up your He-Man guys?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I was surprised to get the chase figure when I ordered Scorpion. The skull head really helps the MOTU vibe. I feel Funko's reaction figures were hit and miss but they really nailed it with their Savage World figures. Retro style sculpts but with modern levels of paint detail. Very nice! They are a bit bulkier and stubbier looking than MOTU but are a perfect match for Remco's Warlord/Warrior Beast/Conan lines. Which was probably what they were aiming for.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Got Milena this afternoon. Not as nice as Scorpion. The figure has some issues. The weapons fit very loosely in her hands and tend to fall out. Also the figure's skirt is made out of much stiffer plastic than Scorpion's or Sub Zero's. This really hinders the leg articulation. She can't really sit all that well.

On the plus side, the sculpt is very good. She also stands very well which is a bit surprising considering her very tiny high heels.
          Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 26, '18, 5:11 PM.

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

I take it that head would be too small for a Mego? Would make a nice head for a Ghost Rider custom.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
              I take it that head would be too small for a Mego?
              Way too small.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Remco Monster
                I take it that head would be too small for a Mego? Would make a nice head for a Ghost Rider custom.
                This is good to know, I just saw the figure on clearance and was wondering the same thing.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

I love these figures. They're really nice. Motal Kombat was a pretty poor license for this style and the fact that it was based on the most modern MK game made it worse, BUT, I am loving all the Savage World stuff overall. So much fun!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

Those do look really good together.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡