Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake at toy fair.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Classic My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake at toy fair.

No Plum is a bit disappointing. I know she has been on the short list for release some time. But at least way more dolls this year. Five in comparison to the two that were released in 2017. Peach Blush, Apple Dumpling with Tea Time Turtle, Apricot with Hopsalot and Cherry Cuddler with Gooseberry. Also of note is the retro dolls sold much better than the modern versions.

Video walk through. Strawberry Shortcake starts at 1:55. Right after MLP.

In this video, we're visiting the Basic Fun booth at New York Toy Fair 2018. This awesome booth includes amazing retro toys likes the classic My Little Pony...
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Was there a Banana Twirl in there? She's the only character I don't have the original release of, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford her.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

It doesn't look like Banana Twirl was shown. I'm actually a little surprised that neither Banana or Plum were shown because they were one the poll Bridge Direct had for what characters to make, last year.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
        It doesn't look like Banana Twirl was shown. I'm actually a little surprised that neither Banana or Plum were shown because they were one the poll Bridge Direct had for what characters to make, last year.
        AS I'm sure PNGwynne would agree Plum has the most "personality" out of 'em all...and Peach Blush is kinda on the same price point as Plum...

Banana Twirl is above all the highest-priced character... so, maybe they're looking to "close out" the following year with Plum and Banana and a few others...

or maybe they'll stretch the original character re-releases out even longer to 2020.

It'd be nice if they broached making new characters in the vintage style though... there's a few vintage characters that were in the comics and TV that were never made as dolls like that one villain girl that hung with Sour Grapes.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

These. Are. Adorable. Huckleberry Pie with a molded hat? Sweet! And a playset .

I am not going to share my opinion of Plum Pudding's exclusion.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

I am not going to share my opinion of Plum Pudding's exclusion.
            Her continued absence in the line is frustrating. Her Party Pleaser doll is one of the harder to get dolls in the original Kenner line and the Berrykins Plum is even more challenging to get. Also, aside from the two minis, we never did get Plum in her standard outfit. I'd love it if Bridge Direct would make a Plum in that outfit with a non party Elderberry Owl.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Her continued absence in the line is frustrating. Her Party Pleaser doll is one of the harder to get dolls in the original Kenner line and the Berrykins Plum is even more challenging to get. Also, aside from the two minis, we never did get Plum in her standard outfit. I'd love it if Bridge Direct would make a Plum in that outfit with a non party Elderberry Owl.
              I like your idea, as I was never all that fond of variants.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

I'd love it if Bridge Direct would make a Plum in that outfit with a non party Elderberry Owl.
                Perfect idea!

I'd even consider selling my variant versions of the rarer characters for their unproduced non-variant versions if Bridge made them as I too am not into variants if there are alternatives.

Raisin Cane is the name of the villain character I'd want made BTW. Raisin Cane has a pet worm named Durt.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I remember Raisin from the Marvel Star comics. I also wouldn't mind seeing T.N. Honey finally get a doll.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎