Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego-scale knit cap (stocking/toboggan cap)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phosfate
    • Jan 16, 2018

Good sharp scissors and a pair of dollar stretch gloves. That'll give you ten attempts unless the manufacturer is a fiend for base 8 math. If that's the case, you've found the invading squid people and should phone the FBI.
    I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Timothy2251
      Just a thought, but would the socks on Figures Toy Company's website work for a knit cap? Just a thought!
      I may well try this.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Knit one
        Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
        Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
        1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I think it's pretty obvious from the OP and ensuing posts that I'm not keen on a knit one, or on knitting one.

I will say though that those scale sweaters in Coraline are pretty terrific.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

These, maybe? Sorry...I tried.
            https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302582709301
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, Dana--those are cute. I may actually try the FTC sock if I go the cloth route, as the knit would be small and tight.

I'm really wondering now if I could sculpt one directly on the head with polymer clay and pop in all in boiling water to cure it.

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                Maybe this is a dumb idea, but if you cut the finger off of a knit glove, somewhere around the middle, and folded up the bottom, would that work? Maybe a child's glove? I think they're kind of stretchy.

I kind of hope that works. I can think of a couple of characters I would love to make that have a knit hat.
                This also works for Six Million Dollar socks. You can find them at the $ store just trim fingers at palm.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎