X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Does anyone sell the DST body?

I need a few items from Dr. Mego and was thinking about buying the 5-for-$19.99 regular caucasian type 2 bodies for some of the DST costumes, since some of them just don't work on the Type-S body.

Are these the same bodies that are used for the DST Box sets, which have three screws in the back, like the Swivel Arm Buff Body? I like those bodies and wouldn't mind grabbing five of them. If they don't have screws in the back, I may skip them.. although, if they are better made than the FTC bodies, I may still grab them.

Also, anyone ever use the Dr. Mego O-rings to fix a FTC body?

Thanks!
  • Psykodelik Vampyre
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 22, 2018

^+1
    ^^^ ^^^
    https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I use o rings on FTC bodies if they are too tight and the work really well. Not sure if its the same size one he sells, tho. Best bet is to go to lowes and get some. Mine are about the size of a nickel.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        I use o rings on FTC bodies if they are too tight and the work really well. Not sure if its the same size one he sells, tho. Best bet is to go to lowes and get some. Mine are about the size of a nickel.
        Thanks. I still have some FTC bodies that need to be fixed. The rings don't work that great. Maybe I will hit up Lowes this weekend and give it another try.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 17, 2011

For the older FTC bodies use #12 o rings. Their newer bodies seem a bit smaller and those ring end up a bit loose, the hardward is almost impossible to bend on the newer bodies too.

Comment

• Madcap70
            • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by TRDouble
            I need a few items from Dr. Mego and was thinking about buying the 5-for-$19.99 regular caucasian type 2 bodies for some of the DST costumes, since some of them just don't work on the Type-S body.

Are these the same bodies that are used for the DST Box sets, which have three screws in the back, like the Swivel Arm Buff Body? I like those bodies and wouldn't mind grabbing five of them. If they don't have screws in the back, I may skip them.. although, if they are better made than the FTC bodies, I may still grab them.

Also, anyone ever use the Dr. Mego O-rings to fix a FTC body?

Thanks!
            No those are not his new bodies he doesn't have them listed for sale yet for some reason wonder why?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Because Emce and BBP items are newer and manufactured for a specific vendor. Parts from these lines would have to be ordered extra to be stocked on the DM site, at Doc's expense and discretion.

If he has unsold older stock, it seems unlikely he would add updated models items at an additional cost. That's my guess at any rate, I'm sure he could clarify this if contacted.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎