X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Big Jim Vs Fighting Furies

It looks like pirates are about to break up Big Jim's camping trip, I'd watch this if it were a movie....

Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Wow, that's Barbie's Country Camper!
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^And it's actually in scale for Big Jim!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by RSS

It looks like pirates are about to break up Big Jim's camping trip, I'd watch this if it were a movie....

Like our Facebook Page
        Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

That's what killed my interest in Big Jim when I was a kid. I realized he was using Barbie's camper, and I just couldn't deal. He was always a bit of a tweener for me anyway, too large to play with my Megos and too small for the GI Joes.

Still, great line, and it got better when he went overseas.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Cool! Had Big Jim's camper. Years of fun with that.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            ^And it's actually in scale for Big Jim!
            Well, yeah, more or less.

Barbie is 11 1/2 inches tall and Big Jim is 9. That's why some of Big Jim's toys seem maybe a little bit too big for him.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I picked up on the Barbie thing when I was five. Most of the time, Barbie's vehicles are a little out or scale so it worked in Jim's favour.

Things like this look better on Jim than Barbie IMO.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                I picked up on the Barbie thing when I was five. Most of the time, Barbie's vehicles are a little out or scale so it worked in Jim's favour.
                That looks like the Barbie sun and fun buggy mold. My older sister had the yellow dune buggy version from the Barbie going camping set. I remember it was big enough to even fit my Bionic Woman doll.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Fighting Furies Peg Leg was my very first action figure.
                  Still love this line, and I'm now getting together enough figures and outfits to display "them all"!
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Fighting Furies bald guy looks like Yul Brynner in Taras Bulba

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 27, 2009

I'm curious about the yellow Safari jeep and trailer, I don't think that's Mattel, but a knock off company, maybe Irwin or Empire? Anyone have any info on that?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Two of the best toy lines ever and I think at least a few here know of my unabashed admiration for Fighting Furies.. I have a complete collection of the pirates and accessories, and I even got some of the European "Western" releases to display clothing sets.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
                          I'm curious about the yellow Safari jeep and trailer, I don't think that's Mattel, but a knock off company, maybe Irwin or Empire? Anyone have any info on that?
                          Yeah, the Mattel Safari Jeep (which is awesome) is a bright olive green.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Fighting Furies don't stand a chance. You got an almost naked blonde guy fishing for an alligator. Don't get much tougher than that.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 12, 2016

Speaking of all this Barbie/Big Jim stuff...This is one of my latest...It's brand new with decal sheet, etc...Only problem is one of the latches on the trailer had snapped. Im not a barbie collector, but I thought the set was awesome and got it for a great price (like $38 or something)...I was thinking the yellow and red dune buggy with the slot mag wheels reminds me of Speedbuggy, the old 70's cartoon...

20180223_210446 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎