Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Jim Vs Fighting Furies

I'm curious about the yellow Safari jeep and trailer, I don't think that's Mattel, but a knock off company, maybe Irwin or Empire? Anyone have any info on that?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Two of the best toy lines ever and I think at least a few here know of my unabashed admiration for Fighting Furies.. I have a complete collection of the pirates and accessories, and I even got some of the European "Western" releases to display clothing sets.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninersphan1 View Post
    I'm curious about the yellow Safari jeep and trailer, I don't think that's Mattel, but a knock off company, maybe Irwin or Empire? Anyone have any info on that?
    Yeah, the Mattel Safari Jeep (which is awesome) is a bright olive green.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Fighting Furies don't stand a chance. You got an almost naked blonde guy fishing for an alligator. Don't get much tougher than that.

Speaking of all this Barbie/Big Jim stuff...This is one of my latest...It's brand new with decal sheet, etc...Only problem is one of the latches on the trailer had snapped. Im not a barbie collector, but I thought the set was awesome and got it for a great price (like $38 or something)...I was thinking the yellow and red dune buggy with the slot mag wheels reminds me of Speedbuggy, the old 70's cartoon...

20180223_210446 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's pretty fun all around.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    Fighting Furies don't stand a chance. You got an almost naked blonde guy fishing for an alligator. Don't get much tougher than that.
    Alligators? Hah! My Captain has a hook for hand!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Images
    I love Big Jim! As a child, I only had Big Jack (black guy), who I used to team up w/ Mego AJ. But now I have Jim, Jack, Jeff, Josh, Dr. Steel (renamed Ironhand but I had to replace the hand 'cos it split), The Whip (renamed Big John), and Warpath (renamed Blackhawk). I have the camper set (missing the boat), the tent set, and a large assortment of accessories.

*And I had Barbie's Country Camper as a kid. I also now have Mattel's Starr and friends w/ the clothes and carrying case.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

had the camper myself