X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    well, that's an opinion based on his skills. I know I've seen a couple people here just based on his race. Even though they knew it was coming from day one with Iris' and Joe's casting.
    Yeah, I'm not big on Wally either but it's based on my experience, I've noticed some people protested a little too much to the concept.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
      They are already up in arms over Judy Robinson being black.

What I read is that she’s not adopted, but in fact Maureen’s daughter from a previous marriage.
      From the short trailer posted in the flashback clips Judy seems to have a black mom.

Maybe she's the old man's biological daughter.

Or, perhaps an adopted friends child ie Webster or Different Strokes

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Yeah, Mikey...either of those could apply...
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I’d like to think of Judy Robinson as adopted as opposed to being the biological daughter of either John or Maureen. I’ll tell you why. The Robinsons live on a planet with a dire straits overpopulation problem, pollution, and dwindling natural resources. John and Maureen producing three biological children would be highly irresponsible...and therefore defeating the purpose of them being heroic and trying to do the right thing. Adopting a child on the other hand, makes them more sympathetic, more for the cause...taking the initiative.

At least that’s how I see it...
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Who else got goosebumps hearing the hint of John Williams theme at the end?

That was awesome...
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              Ah yes, we as a herd, like an attractive representation of ourselves.

For everything else there is Patton Oswalt.
              lol I feel represented by Oswalt. I mean, the only villains I would ever cosplay (and I know cosplayers don't judge but I judge myself) are The Penguin and Toyman.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm actually excited about this reboot, and Posey as Dr. Smith. I'll watch her in anything.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  well, that's an opinion based on his skills. I know I've seen a couple people here just based on his race. Even though they knew it was coming from day one with Iris' and Joe's casting.
                  I object on both counts. I don't like him as an Actor, or the fact that the changed his race. And yeah, I saw it coming for obvious reasons...who didn't? D'uh! I also read New 52 Flash where they also changed Iris to a black woman and I didn't like it then either, so again...D'uh! And God forbid I dare say anything about it or I'll be called racist. But maybe just maybe I'm a comic book Geek that grew up reading George Perez's Teen Titan's...who remembers Wall West as a red hair white kid? I just tire of the PC pandering and appeasement...it's really old!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Who else got goosebumps hearing the hint of John Williams theme at the end?

That was awesome...
                    Didn't notice that until my second viewing after I read this ---- cool

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

A class act...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Yvonne Craig looks almost unrecognizable.

Shame, considering I have no prob with wrinkles, gray hair and normal age weightgain .

Last edited by Mikey; Feb 23, '18, 2:38 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                            I object on both counts. I don't like him as an Actor, or the fact that the changed his race. And yeah, I saw it coming for obvious reasons...who didn't? D'uh! I also read New 52 Flash where they also changed Iris to a black woman and I didn't like it then either, so again...D'uh! And God forbid I dare say anything about it or I'll be called racist. But maybe just maybe I'm a comic book Geek that grew up reading George Perez's Teen Titan's...who remembers Wall West as a red hair white kid? I just tire of the PC pandering and appeasement...it's really old!
                            Honestly so what? Does it really bother you that much? After Black Panther, Storm, Black Lightning (and I guess any character with black in the title) Gabe Jones, Luke Cage, Cyborg, Mal and BumbleBee are cast ( I am sure I am forgetting a few ) What else are they to do for characters of color. Its not like Marvel and DC silver age history is filled with diversity. Perry White probably gets on your nerves, too.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Whatever Dude...you just want to argue and I'm not going to play along.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

Call me nuts but race change in characters never bugged me

My sis used to collect black Santa nostalgia --- maybe that's what made me lib in that way

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎