Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910

Thread: Netflix LOST IN SPACE Reboot

I wrapped up watching the show the other night. I liked the show, but did not love it. Some episodes dragged. Some characters you want to strangle. My gripe was probably a stupid one in that I wish the robot looked closer to the original. Sometimes I wonder why I.P. across the board in many movies or TV get bought only to make things so different that a new creation could have been invented instead. I'm sure the thought process is creative types didn't want to retread what came before, which begs the question if it's so different why call it something it is not? This is why Marvel has had success with films based on comics. They are true to the spirit for the most part. My co-workers often ask me why in comics is Thor a woman or Steve Rogers isn't Cap? I tell them even in comics they're all about gender-bending and race swapping because they want to write about the modern world and it's ego driven too. Creative types want to have material that stands apart from others. I tell them some writers don't want to be the 100th writer to tell a story about a white guy, the same writer will feel like they have nothing new to add or standout. Now that person's legacy can be I wrote a female Thor and Bullseye or a black Captain America. I wonder if the LIS writer's staff was the same way.

I thought the new LIS robot was a cross between a Guyver suit and the TV heads from the SAGA comic book. I'm hoping it'll evolve into something like the old robot. Having little to no knowledge of the original show, I can't compare. I know the original had a quirky Doctor and the show was supposed to be campy and later on had ridiculous carrot aliens. I don't care that Judy was black or that how they replaced Bill Mummy's part with a woman taking on his name, but wasn't the old show known for the Smith fella being the standout character? Why wasn't Parker Posey's character written in such a way that she can chew the scene and be the breakout like the old man was?

Images
    Well said!!

Images
    I watched the last two episodes last night. I enjoyed just about all of the show. The production quality is very high, and I for one want a Chariot to drive around, how cool are those?

The robot bugged me a little in the beginning but I appreciated how he was used. In general I got an Iron Giant feeling out of him, including the way he can put himself back together.

The Robinson's themselves also grew on me, and the actor playing Will really knocked it out of the park I think since a ton of his scenes were with the robot who didn't really talk any. I started liking Don as well, but Dr. Smith's motivations seemed sort of all over the place. Also some of the plot points were really out there, and some odd decisions were made, but nothing that I couldn't overlook.

I'm looking forward to the next season!

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    I watched the last two episodes last night. I enjoyed just about all of the show. The production quality is very high, and I for one want a Chariot to drive around, how cool are those?

The robot bugged me a little in the beginning but I appreciated how he was used. In general I got an Iron Giant feeling out of him, including the way he can put himself back together.

The Robinson's themselves also grew on me, and the actor playing Will really knocked it out of the park I think since a ton of his scenes were with the robot who didn't really talk any. I started liking Don as well, but Dr. Smith's motivations seemed sort of all over the place. Also some of the plot points were really out there, and some odd decisions were made, but nothing that I couldn't overlook.

I'm looking forward to the next season!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
    I just watched the first two episode as well and agree with your assessment. So far I'm not impressed...but I hear it gets better with the 3rd one?
    Nope. The 3rd was a bad bottle-episode.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Spock View Post
    Nope. The 3rd was a bad bottle-episode.
    Ugh, you're right...watched it last night.