Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super7 Reaction: Apes, Hellboy, Pee Wee, Great Garloo, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I just think it's real ill fit for a Kenner homage line.
      I don't think it's meant to be a verbatim homage to the Kenner line but rather a play and parody to the underground Bootle figure phenomenon that has been happening in the past decade. More mashup of 3/4" figures. Super7 just decided to run with it and make it more legit. Do a search on Designercon where many artist present their warez and drops. It started as a small gathering of underground artists at a Pasadena, CA venue and has since grown to a 3 day event at the Anaheim Convention Center. Checkout the works of Retroband, Suckadelic, 2bithack, Healeymade as examples of this following. Even Super7 have their own line of bootleg type figures. As Brian mentioned there is a demand for this niche product and glad their is. Now just hoping that they pickup the Heavy Metal and Wizards licensing for 3 3/4"

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Oh my god, I've owned the Show No Mercy album for over thirty years and never noticed that Baphomet has "Slayer" written on his belt buckle, that's awesome. I'm so buying this!

Originally posted by SeattleEd
        Now just hoping that they pickup the Heavy Metal and Wizards licensing for 3 3/4"
        Whoa, now that would be great!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I've never heard a Slayer song in my life, but I kinda like the figure. I don't know if I $15 plus shipping like it, but it's sort of funny I guess.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Cult of Slayer will eat these shirts and figures up; that audience is strong. It they ever lock up the classic, unholy trinity of Misfits/Samhain/Danzig… toy history!

Ed is spot on as S7 comes from and caters to the art toy world [global phenomenon]… the source reference, homage, criticism or parody is a design vehicle not an intended [sic] extension of a lineage or vintage collector realm.

Now c'mon, am I the ONLY one excited for Apes Series 2?!?… first US release of Ape-O-nauts, and we get the Lawgiver, Mutants and more Gorillas too!. In my [tiny and perhaps demented] world, this is genius!
            Last edited by Confessional; Feb 6, '19, 10:12 AM. Reason: … bununununarawr!, Angel of Death! Whaooo!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

I am extremely excited about POTA series 2. I've been constantly checking the Super 7 website several times a day since they were announced hoping for pics.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                I am extremely excited about POTA series 2. I've been constantly checking the Super 7 website several times a day since they were announced hoping for pics.
                Aren't they dropping this week? I really want these as well.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

They are supposed to be available next week. Really anxious to see pics.

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Aren't they dropping this week? I really want these as well.
                    quoting an earlier version of myself in this thread:

Apes Series 2 coming next week!… nice close to the 50th Anniversary.

Confirmed via https://www.instagram.com/super7/?hl=en!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      "Minotaur"? That's supposed to be Baphomet, not a minotaur.

As a Slayer fan, I also find that figure quite endearing. (But yeah, I agree... I don't know why they're branding it as a minotaur... that Baphomet inspired mascot has the head of a goat, not a bull!)

I'll probably get one and put it next to my Eddie figures.

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Feb 6, '19, 3:05 PM.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

Ah, and yesterday they teased The Worst Series 2 as well… "Shedusa" or "Frankenghost" for the win?, probably so!

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

With the Worst AND Planet of the Apes AND Shogun all dropping within a month of each other... I'm a little intimidated. I haven't picked up any Shogun yet. I can't get that spendy on plastic men all at once.

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                            As a Slayer fan, I also find that figure quite endearing. (But yeah, I agree... I don't know why they're branding it as a minotaur... that Baphomet inspired mascot has the head of a goat, not a bull!)
                            I wonder if they were worried about some kind of religious backlash, so they went with the benign name of "Minotaur" instead? Then again, this isn't the 1980's, is the heavy metal "satanic scare" still a thing these days?

I remember hearing that the PMRC once sent Slayer a letter requesting that they not release any more records. Some of the stuff out there these days would have made Tipper Gore's head explode, Slayer is absolutely quaint in comparison.
                            Last edited by cjefferys; Feb 6, '19, 5:12 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

You could make one helluva Krampus custom from him.

Hmmmm...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Confessional
                                Ah, and yesterday they teased The Worst Series 2 as well… "Shedusa" or "Frankenghost" for the win?, probably so!
                                Where was this noted, and when is it being released? I get Super7 notifications but somehow missed this.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎