Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super7 Reaction: Apes, Hellboy, Pee Wee, Great Garloo, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, i was able to easily obtain Garloo. Is this their first Maria? (Makes me want Der Golem, too.)
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

^ It is the debut colorway of the toy, yes.
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

Fresh news!

"Almost two years in the waiting. #shogun #super7"
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

I recently received a promo email from S7 about the Legends of Lucha Libre figures, which I am not interested in, so I sent a reply asking about the Ape wave 2 figures. Here is the response I got:

Rudy (Super7)

Jan 24, 9:13 AM PST

Hey Chris,

We have a bunch of things were excited to release this year! I'm not allowed to spoil any release dates but the apes are coming!

Rudy | Super7
          Customer Care Manager
          Last edited by LordMudd; Jan 24, '19, 9:51 PM.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

Thanks for sharing this. Hope we get to see them at NY Toy Fair next month.

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by toothaction
              Fresh news!

"Almost two years in the waiting. #shogun #super7"
              They have them on their website now.

https://super7.com/collections/shoguns

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Scored all them and the luchas today. Great stuff.

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

Too bad there isn't any sort of Santo figure in the Lucha Libre line.

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Apes Series 2 coming next week!… nice close to the 50th Anniversary.

Confirmed via https://www.instagram.com/super7/?hl=en!
                    Last edited by Confessional; Feb 4, '19, 6:32 PM. Reason: … we're getting Ape-O-Nauts!

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Super7 Slayer "Minotaur" figure.

Next week, Super 7 will release a new ReAction Figure for the iconic metal band Slayer. The Slayer - Show No Mercy Minotaur ReAction Figure will stand about 3.75" tall, and will include a sword. The card back will feature artwork from the 1983 album "Show No Mercy". It will be in stock via Super7.com...

I gotta roll my eyes at this one. This rates right up there with Funko's questionable choices like Boondock Saints, Taxi Driver, Breaking bad and Pulp Fiction. It's parody, not homage, when you make figures that absolutely would not have been done in the 70s and 80s. It's like a 16 year olds idea of being funny and edgy.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I know a lot of guys who are excited about this and that's what this is all about, finding the little niches and catering to them. Never a Slayer guy myself and it's an easy pass but I get why they made it.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                          I know a lot of guys who are excited about this and that's what this is all about, finding the little niches and catering to them.
                          To be clear, I have no problem with them catering to Slayer fans. They can make as many Minotaur and Slayer figures as they and fans want. No pearl clutching here. I just think it's real ill fit for a Kenner homage line.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

"Minotaur"? That's supposed to be Baphomet, not a minotaur. At any rate, I'm a big fan of early Slayer, especially their debut album (they lost me after "Seasons in the Abyss") so I think this is cool and will likely pick it up. I'm guessing that someone at Super 7 is a metalhead, as they've already given us a King Diamond figure. Fingers crossed for more stuff like this!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Wow!! I love the Slayer figure!! I will get at least two of these!! I will probably carry one around in my jacket pocket, just because. I wish Mego would make an eight inch figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I think it's fine, fits right in with the other rock mascots they've done.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎