Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super7 Reaction: Apes, Hellboy, Pee Wee, Great Garloo, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    I received my Garloo (and second Masque of the Red Death) today, intact.

Garloo is a great figure, I hope Super 7 does more in this vein. Can you imagine Pulsar and Hypnos, Suckerman, Krusher, Electroman and Zogg, The Knight of Darkness and ZEM-21 in this format?

Ach, one can dream...
    That would be amazing! Add Stretch Monster to that list!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Oh yes, him too--good idea
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Remco Monster
        That would be amazing! Add Stretch Monster to that list!
        I would be ALL over that.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Same here. Is there anything preventing them from doing a 3 3/4" Captain Action? Or even 3 3/4" figures inspired by classic Mego WGSH designs?

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Hedji
            Same here. Is there anything preventing them from doing a 3 3/4" Captain Action? Or even 3 3/4" figures inspired by classic Mego WGSH designs?
            Zica has a Captain Action 3.75 inch line you can order on line now, if you can make their site work!

CCC.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Thank you. I loved Zica's Six Million Dollar Man figures. Their Captain Action is more 4 inch and deviates too far from the retro look for my tastes. Sort of why I wonder if a ReAction style figure would be a different license?

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

Unlikely.

CCC.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Zicas 3.75 Captain Action has been in development for years now. But Kickstarter backers are still waiting on the figures to be made.

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    Zicas 3.75 Captain Action has been in development for years now. But Kickstarter backers are still waiting on the figures to be made.
                    Figures are supposedly available for preorder on their site, but when you try to put any of them in your cart it just tells you "loading...please wait" and never loads. I went round and round on email for a week with him telling me it was working for him just fine before he gave up and quit on me. He says it is fine because nobody else is complaining about it on Facebook. He runs the site so of course it works fine for him.

CCC.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by LordMudd
                      Figures are supposedly available for preorder on their site, but when you try to put any of them in your cart it just tells you "loading...please wait" and never loads. I went round and round on email for a week with him telling me it was working for him just fine before he gave up and quit on me. He says it is fine because nobody else is complaining about it on Facebook. He runs the site so of course it works fine for him.

CCC.
                      The website is working fine, there have been recent orders placed and not one other person has contacted me about having issues like yours. I tried working with you and offered another option to place an order, which you weren't satisfied with. If you change your mind and go with that option I'll be happy to help you place the order.

Craig

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

I want a metaluna and mole person. I have most of the ones they did in collab with funko, so I'm in no hurry to do a double dip (even though they're new sculpts on the reissued characters).
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• toothaction
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 15, 2017

Exclusives for the fun going on in Anaheim this weekend:

Metropolis Maria Copper - 3.75" ReAction Figure. DCon Debut. $15 each.

Phantom Starkiller Glow-In-The-Dark - 3.75" ReAction Figure. DCon Exclusive. $15 each.

Ghosts 'n Goblins Gold Arthur with Japanese language packaging - 3.75" ReAction Figure. DCon Exclusive. $15 each.

Kinda wish I'd asked one of my friends that are there now to pick me up a Maschinenmensch, but I still think that I'll be able to get to sleep tonight.
                          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

I have the non glow Phantom Starkiller, and he's one of my favorite things they've done.

Oh, and I have and always will loathe exclusives.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I loathe them, too but I can't lie--I want Maria and the glow Starkiller.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toothaction
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Hedji
                                Oh, and I have and always will loathe exclusives.
                                Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                I loathe them, too but I can't lie--I want Maria and the glow Starkiller.
                                It really depends on the circumstance for me. With something like this, a giant art and toy festival that people literally come from all around the world to be a part of, I think it's great that folk can find a cornucopia of pretties made exclusively for the event. When it's a marketing angle it is almost invariably suspect, trying to create a false commodity, but for many folks I know that are there sharing their creations, it's a labor of love and a gift of sorts to the fans that made the effort to be a part of the occasion.

S7 is a bit different, as they are a mass producer, but their roots are pretty damn indie, and without fail they offer up the loftovers online for us lazy slobs that couldn't be troubled to hop on a plane.

^ 2 cents.
                                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎