Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super7 Reaction: Apes, Hellboy, Pee Wee, Great Garloo, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Wait, Super 7 can do a Dracula tumbler with Lugosi's likeness...but not a figure or soakie? That's odd.

Chris
    That glass led me to assume there would be other Drac merchandise, including a figure. After all, ReAction did one.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• spockoda
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by Confessional
      I love that S7 is going deep into the POTA character line-up… Astroapes, Mutants and the Lawgiver! These might be only 50th Anniversary figures, outside of those made for the WYSIWY Game, and they are supercool!
      My thoughts, almost to a tee! I want to get my stinking paws on them asap!

Comment

• spockoda
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by Werewolf
        There's also new Universal Monsters which showed up on S7's facebook page

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018/...er-7-reaction/
        Thanks for the link!

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

They also showed a Bela Dracula puzzle. Just because there is no Dracula Reaction figure yet doesn't mean there won't be in a series 2.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• spockoda
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 14, 2018

They also showed a Bela Dracula puzzle. Just because there is no Dracula Reaction figure yet doesn't mean there won't be in a series 2.
            Are you talking about 3.75" scale? Because there was a Dracula Reaction figure released a couple of years ago or so.

Comment

• spockoda
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 14, 2018

When I saw the Planet Of The Apes pics, all I can say is now we're talking! These are the characters I had wanted to see in the 7" Neca line a few years ago. Okay, Taylor and Nova aren't perhaps top notch but just them getting made is awesome and the ape characters are pretty good. The mutants look like they might be in between the human and ape characters quality-wise. Heck, I'd even be up for the Great Garloo figure as well.
              Last edited by spockoda; Feb 17, '18, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• spockoda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by tmthor
                Too bad it looks like the Shogun warriors are not going to happen
                This does sort of suck. Are they too obscure of a license?

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

I don't think that not having anything at Toy Fair means the Shoguns are dead. They showed none of this stuff at SDCC and left everyone wondering about the Apes, etc.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by spockoda
                    Are you talking about 3.75" scale?
                    I meant the new Super7 Reaction series.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• spockoda
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 14, 2018

I meant the new Super7 Reaction series.
                      Thanks, I did some more poking around and now I know what you mean, as in new ones coming out. I was talking about the Super 7/Funko ones from 2014 or whatever.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

I can't believe there is going to be a King Diamond figure, I want that bad! Love the card art for it too, but am surprised they are using the version of his makeup that almost got him sued by Gene Simmons.

Hope the Shoguns still happen, but not seeing them here isn't very promising.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

King diamond!!!!!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

I like the new Universal Monsters sculpts a lot.
                            And the POTA stuff remains spectacular.
                            Lord of Light figures are amazing.
                            (Those multi-coloured Alien figures are a little strange, though.)

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Feb 21, '18, 8:35 AM.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

I'm going to be brutally honest, because there are lots of things Super7 does waaaaay better than Funko. But, given that they cost 50% more than Funko figures, I feel like they need to be much more. Their cardback artwork is wonderful, and it's amazing to see choices like Apes and Metaluna Mutant come to market.

But I do have some criticisms, or nitpicks. Some of their sculpts are still soft. Look at Toxic Avenger and Nosferatu. These look exactly like the kind of product Funko was lambasted for. Even some of their Masters of the Universe ReAction. Very soft sculpts on them, that are not reflective of Kenner 80's sculpting. The paint variants are irritating, but easy enough to skip.

I guess I'm just a cheapskate, because the part that bugs me most is the price point. $15 plus shipping just shatters my threshold price point of tolerance. So they really need to be perfect. I understand they are likely produced in fewer numbers than Funko product, but still, I get sticker shock despite the lovely looking prototypes.

They'll still get a huge chunk of my money though.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                                I understand they are likely produced in fewer numbers than Funko product, but still, I get sticker shock despite the lovely looking prototypes.
                                Much MUCH smaller numbers. Funko is successful cash rich company doing full retail high volume lines. The production runs on their non limited stuff is enormous. Super7 is a small indie company doing production runs that are tiny in comparison to Funko. Criticizing their sculpts is fair. Both have had good and bad sculpts. I still personally don't think that Super7 weakest reaction sculpts are as bad as Funko's poorest. Super7 has also had a far better ratio of good to bad sculpts. Super7's MOTU has some figures that could be better, like Teela. But the rest of the line is great. Funko had entire lines with terrible sculpts, like Trek. Not to mention Funko 's many bizarre and ill fitting license choices like Boondock Saints, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Breaking Bad, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎