Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funko Savage World Thundercats and Conan!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msenger76
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

has anyone actually opened them? every time i see the thundercats, i want to buy them, but slithe and mumm-ra always have a leg that has already fallen off in the package

Comment

• Spyweb007
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 18, 2006

I opened Lion-O, The leg pops off if you rotate it too far, but it pops right back on.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

A nice little bonus about these is they are in scale with the LJN figures. Funko will probably not release figures of Snarf, Ma-Mutt, Kit and Kat so it's nice you can mix in the vintage figures with the new ones. As far as the vehicles go, I've only tested the Thundertank, so far, but Lion-O and Pantho do fit in it.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I plan on getting Panthro for a custom, these look nice.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

From the pictures I’ve been able to find of the figures, Funko did a very impressive job with these. I was never into the Thundercats, but I can surely see why fans are excited by this line. It looks awesome!

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

The LJN Thundercats line was always a bit weird with scale. Lion-O and Mumm Ra are huge. They absolutely tower over the other figures. So the Funko Mumm Ra and Lion-O are probably in better scale with the rest of the LJN line. The LJN and Funko Panthro figures are pretty much the same height and in very similar poses.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

^ They’re neat. I guess I was just heavily into GI Joe RAH and maybe still playing with Super Powers when they first came to be.

If I recall correctly, wasn’t the cartoon series also well done? I seem to remember that being the case.

- Ian

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Has anyone seen the Conan figs in the wild yet or picked any of them up? I've only seen the horror figs form the Savage World line at Target, but haven't seen any of the other Savage world stuff yet.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                    If I recall correctly, wasn’t the cartoon series also well done? I seem to remember that being the case.
                    I liked it. It was a fun cartoon with terrific animation and character designs.

Originally posted by MRP
                    Has anyone seen the Conan figs in the wild yet or picked any of them up?
                    They are not out yet.

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      They are not out yet.
                      Ah, that explains it. I wasn't sure what the release date was on that line.

-M
                      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

The Funko figures scale really well with the vintage LJN companion figures.

funkocats.JPG

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

^ Wow, they sure do! They fit right in! Well done, Funko.

- Ian

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

This is the scale the LJN figures should have done in the first place, but they went wild. Another wave of figures I would love Funko to do is Tigersharks.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Far as I know, Conan hasn't come out yet. Mortal Kombat, T-Cats, the horror guys and DC Primal Age are the only ones I know of that are out now.

Comment

• tmthor
                                God of Knock-offs
                                • Nov 29, 2005

Conan is not coming out now. And from the rumors floating about the Savage world and the primal age figures are also done

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎