Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funko Savage World Thundercats and Conan!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Funko Savage World Thundercats and Conan!!

Awesome!!

Funko looks to be continuing their Savage World line (like those Mortal Kombat figures we featured awhile back), and OMG - THUNDERCATS! LOOK AT THEM! Those Cats looks AMAZING! S-s-slythe! I need all of them in my life RIGHT NOW. Okay, so with the Horror properties and frikkin' Conan the Ba
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

The female figures get normal postures but the male figures get monkey postures. I do believe that is gender discrimination.

CCC,

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

You have seen Masters of the Universe figures before, right?
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

THAT'S how I wanted Thundercats figures back in the 80s. The LJN figures were very nicely done, but there was no way you could play with them with your MOTU figures.

Plus, Conan! Of course, Remco made MOTO-like Conan figures, but they didn't really look much like the films.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

They also showed a weird mashup of 80's slasher characters like Jason and Freddy as HeMan style characters complete with fantasy style outfits. I'm going to pick those up for sure.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

OMG I am buying every single one of these. Every time I think I've escaped toy buying I get sucked back in dammit!

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

So in on the Conan stuff.

And I believe the Remco like Conan figures came out around the time of the animated series not the movies since they were branded Conan the Adventurer like the animated series.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 28, 2013

I love the Horror mashups! The Pin-head figure in the back looks amazing.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by MRP
                  So in on the Conan stuff.

And I believe the Remco like Conan figures came out around the time of the animated series not the movies since they were branded Conan the Adventurer like the animated series.

-M
                  The Remco Conan figures were released in 84. The Conan cartoon didn't come out until 92.

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    The Remco Conan figures were released in 84. The Conan cartoon didn't come out until 92.
                    Hmm maybe I am thinking of a different line, but the Conan the Adventurer line of action figures featured characters that were created for the animated series not in other Conan stories like Graywolf...

and were released in the Remco style, but were done by Hasbro in 1992.

This is the only one I have from the line...

If there were other earlier Conan figures form Remco, I am not sure I have ever seen them.

-M
                    Last edited by MRP; Feb 17, '18, 2:47 PM.
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

These make so much sense. Fantastic.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Remco Conan. One of Remco's nicer MOTU like lines.

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Remco Conan. One of Remco's nicer MOTU like lines.

http://www.action-figures.ca/conan.htm
                          Never seen those before, and I have delved pretty deep in Conan merchandising. Thanks for sharing the info.

-M

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Thundercats has had a lot of bad luck with toy lines in the last several years.

Bandai did an 8 inch classic line but cancelled it after Lion-O and Tygra. They then changed the scale to 6 inch and cancelled it after Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. Mattel then started a MOTUC style Thundercats line and cancelled it after five figures and the SDCC exclusive Kit and Kat two pack. The Mattel line ended before even getting important main characters like Cheetara and Tygra.

A big plus of the new Thundercats line is even if it only lasts one wave you still get all the main heroes and villains. Also, because of the style and scale you can easily fill in the set with LJN Snarf, Kit, Kat and Ma-Mutt figures.
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 18, '18, 12:48 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• jacoblb
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2009

Just got series one of Thundercats, I love them. When series two arrives a huge chuck of the important ensemble will have been made. What great figures, an awesone mix of MOTU style figures and still capturing the Thundercats look. I'll be down for buying Conan, but the horror line and Mortal Kombat are a pass for me. Oh, and I'll be getting Wonder Woman in this style, which looka like MOTU meets Frank Miller.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎