Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Funko Savage World Thundercats and Conan!!

Images

Funko Savage World Thundercats and Conan!!

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    The female figures get normal postures but the male figures get monkey postures. I do believe that is gender discrimination.

CCC,

Images
    You have seen Masters of the Universe figures before, right?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    THAT'S how I wanted Thundercats figures back in the 80s. The LJN figures were very nicely done, but there was no way you could play with them with your MOTU figures.

Plus, Conan! Of course, Remco made MOTO-like Conan figures, but they didn't really look much like the films.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

They also showed a weird mashup of 80's slasher characters like Jason and Freddy as HeMan style characters complete with fantasy style outfits. I'm going to pick those up for sure.

OMG I am buying every single one of these. Every time I think I've escaped toy buying I get sucked back in dammit!

So in on the Conan stuff.

And I believe the Remco like Conan figures came out around the time of the animated series not the movies since they were branded Conan the Adventurer like the animated series.

-M

I love the Horror mashups! The Pin-head figure in the back looks amazing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    So in on the Conan stuff.

And I believe the Remco like Conan figures came out around the time of the animated series not the movies since they were branded Conan the Adventurer like the animated series.

-M
    The Remco Conan figures were released in 84. The Conan cartoon didn't come out until 92.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    The Remco Conan figures were released in 84. The Conan cartoon didn't come out until 92.
    Hmm maybe I am thinking of a different line, but the Conan the Adventurer line of action figures featured characters that were created for the animated series not in other Conan stories like Graywolf...

and were released in the Remco style, but were done by Hasbro in 1992.

This is the only one I have from the line...

If there were other earlier Conan figures form Remco, I am not sure I have ever seen them.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Feb 17, '18 at 2:47 PM.