X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJ-Paratrooper
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 1, 2008

Project: AJ Dog Tags

AJ dog tags are sometimes hard to come by on eBay and AJ just isn’t complete without them so I made an attempt at a reproduction this evening. Mego Museum member, SlipperyLilSuckers was nice enough to send me an original AJ tag 10 years ago!!! Thank you again, SlipperyLilSuckers!!!

The red, white and blue embroidery floss worked out well for the cord. I tied the individual cords in a knot, got them wet, twisted them and let them dry....it worked, lol! Mine is thicker than original but I’m ok with it.

FYI: The original tags are grey, not silver so I screwed up there. The cord is a success, the tags are a fail. I made the substandard tags and the molds out of sculpey. That is not the way to go. The proper way would be to make a cup mold and pour in liquid resin the way you’d cast a Mego Head.

I wanted dog tags NOW so I just made something.

A8F65C07-CF93-4D81-8EA5-4F486B8280A5.jpg

8EBA58E3-3423-45DA-A7AF-BD3188B15F6E.jpg

88E748EC-1FDA-4811-9F27-AC3ED886FDF3.jpg

The repro on my red Ward’s AJ mailer replica.

873926C3-D128-44EE-9672-C5706A182BFC.jpeg

The tag on the blue AJ is original....
    D80CD3E7-04EB-4AC6-8B4E-F4B1BA6D9C4C.jpeg

If anybody has made these before, send me some tips! I am going to make another attempt eventually with more serious mold making stuff.
    Last edited by AJ-Paratrooper; Feb 16, '18, 3:35 AM.
    DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

I like them tags! Please let me know if you make more - I'd happily buy a few sets from you!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• AJ-Paratrooper
      Museum Patron
      • Mar 1, 2008

Originally posted by Timothy2251
      I like them tags! Please let me know if you make more - I'd happily buy a few sets from you!
      Thanks, Timothy2251!

I am not satisfied with how they came out. All I managed to do was make something that sort of looks like the real AJ dog tag from a distance. Up close it looks bad. I am going to have to get a real mold making/casting kit, then I should be able to crank out a ton of them.

Dude, I’ll send them free if I can get this figured out! Stay tuned.....
      DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

Staying tuned, and thanks!
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Doesn't look bad to me...

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡