X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

The Lone Ranger Rides Again

As much as the gorgeous Gabriel Lone Ranger action figure line was popular here, it was a massive success in Europe, where cowboy lore held a special fascination.

Never had a single figure as a kid and still don't own any but man, do i love looking at these.

(Thanks to Eddy for this scan!)

Check out our archive here:

Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I could fall completely in on this line. As it stands I now have Lone Ranger (with box), Tonto, Butch Cavendish (with box), Dan Reid and my original childhood Silver and Scout horses. The width and breadth of this line is amazing, and they were so well designed. Well, maybe not the internal construction of the bodies, but the exterior is gorgeous.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I could fall completely in on this line. As it stands I now have Lone Ranger (with box), Tonto, Butch Cavendish (with box), Dan Reid and my original childhood Silver and Scout horses. The width and breadth of this line is amazing, and they were so well designed. Well, maybe not the internal construction of the bodies, but the exterior is gorgeous.

Chris
      I agree completely. I've got a few nice loose figures from this line, but the bodies are really tough to fix. Otherwise, it's a beautiful, under appreciated line.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

This was indeed a beautiful line, Lone Ranger was a favorite of mine back in the day, loved watching Clayton Moore
        on Saturday mornings, I never had this line but now after seeing this I wish I did and the El Lobo is awesome.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

As a kid I never heard of any figure beyond Lone Ranger, Tonto and Butch Cavendish

I definitely would have wanted the other Indians if they were sold around here

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Beautiful line! I wish I had the full compliment from Gabriel/Hubley and Marx.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

These are so beautiful, but it just seems too daunting to repair and fully collect them.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Obibob
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 27, 2007

Actually, they're not all toast - you can find some that seem to be as good as the day they were made. Last year, I found a Tonto (w/ the box) at a local flea market here in North Dallas and I was able to get it for $20.00 - the figure is mint and tight, the box near-minty fresh (just a bit of shelf wear), and the accessories were still sealed in a plastic bag! They really are beautiful figures and fun to collect.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

That's good to know--and what a find! I've admired them for a long while. The tutotials I've seen to fix them up seem challenging, though.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

I watched both versions of the cartoons, and my cousins had Lone Ranger, Tonto, Butch and the Carson City set.
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Neutron X
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 22, 2007

Cool post! Lone Ranger figures are steal for their price and age. Right now I have a small army of them and am having fun. Toy Polio has a Lone Ranger tutorial on Youtube that is useful. He cuts the chest at seams to fix. Too much time and trouble for me though. I take needle nose pliers and force up into chest from the bottom. I am careful to avoid breaking the middle post that holds leg elastic in place and slowly force sides apart doing a little on each side of the post then they pop apart. Redo leg elastic and swap parts if needed.Figures are up and displayable.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ You do mean Toy Poloi, right?
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• spockoda
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jan 14, 2018

This looked like a fun line although I'm just a bit too young to have had any of these I guess.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

One of my earliest memories was getting Lone Ranger and Silver for my third birthday when I lived then in Indianapolis I too never knew they had that range of figures.i kitbashed ranger and tonto from a Mattel remego Batman and clothes from classic tv toys.

Comment

• Neutron X
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              ^^^ You do mean Toy Poloi, right?
                              DOH!!!!!!!!!!! Why yes I did mean Toy Poloi. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎