Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lone Ranger Rides Again

Plaid Stallions The Lone Ranger Rides Again

As much as the gorgeous Gabriel Lone Ranger action figure line was popular here, it was a massive success in Europe, where cowboy lore held a special fascination.

Never had a single figure as a kid and still don't own any but man, do i love looking at these.

(Thanks to Eddy for this scan!)

Check out our archive here:

Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    I could fall completely in on this line. As it stands I now have Lone Ranger (with box), Tonto, Butch Cavendish (with box), Dan Reid and my original childhood Silver and Scout horses. The width and breadth of this line is amazing, and they were so well designed. Well, maybe not the internal construction of the bodies, but the exterior is gorgeous.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I could fall completely in on this line. As it stands I now have Lone Ranger (with box), Tonto, Butch Cavendish (with box), Dan Reid and my original childhood Silver and Scout horses. The width and breadth of this line is amazing, and they were so well designed. Well, maybe not the internal construction of the bodies, but the exterior is gorgeous.

Chris
    I agree completely. I've got a few nice loose figures from this line, but the bodies are really tough to fix. Otherwise, it's a beautiful, under appreciated line.

This was indeed a beautiful line, Lone Ranger was a favorite of mine back in the day, loved watching Clayton Moore
    on Saturday mornings, I never had this line but now after seeing this I wish I did and the El Lobo is awesome.

Images
    As a kid I never heard of any figure beyond Lone Ranger, Tonto and Butch Cavendish

I definitely would have wanted the other Indians if they were sold around here
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Beautiful line! I wish I had the full compliment from Gabriel/Hubley and Marx.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Blog Entries
    These are so beautiful, but it just seems too daunting to repair and fully collect them.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Actually, they're not all toast - you can find some that seem to be as good as the day they were made. Last year, I found a Tonto (w/ the box) at a local flea market here in North Dallas and I was able to get it for $20.00 - the figure is mint and tight, the box near-minty fresh (just a bit of shelf wear), and the accessories were still sealed in a plastic bag! They really are beautiful figures and fun to collect.

Images
    Blog Entries
    That's good to know--and what a find! I've admired them for a long while. The tutotials I've seen to fix them up seem challenging, though.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I watched both versions of the cartoons, and my cousins had Lone Ranger, Tonto, Butch and the Carson City set.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."