Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

While I didn't have any luck with finding Mego Wave 2 at Target today, I did find the rest of Wave 5 of the Imaginext Super Friends blind bags. I had Deadshot and Black Adam from last time I was there, but they had the rest there today, so I picked up Green Arrow, Batgirl, Supergirl and Scuba Batman while there.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; Sep 27, '18, 8:17 PM.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by MRP
      While I didn't have any luck with finding Mego Wave 2 at Target today, I did find the rest of Wave 5 of the Imaginext Super Friends blind bags. I had Deadshot and Black Adam form last time I was there, but they had the rest there today, so I picked up Green Arrow, Batgirl, Supergirl and Scuba Batman while there.

-M
      Congrats! These little suckers are hard to find!

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Mary Canary
        Congrats! These little suckers are hard to find!
        Tell me about it. The other department chains in the area (Walmart, Meijers) still have series 2 on the shelf, and the only place I found series 4 was at a Kroger marketplace (i.e. a super-sized grocery store with extras). I've never seen Series 3 (and I would so love to add the Hawkgirl to the flight of Hawkmen and Hawlwomen of various sizes and styles I have, plus a Martian Manhunter), and I doubt I ever will see them at retail.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mary Canary
          Career Member
          • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by MRP
          Tell me about it. The other department chains in the area (Walmart, Meijers) still have series 2 on the shelf, and the only place I found series 4 was at a Kroger marketplace (i.e. a super-sized grocery store with extras). I've never seen Series 3 (and I would so love to add the Hawkgirl to the flight of Hawkmen and Hawlwomen of various sizes and styles I have, plus a Martian Manhunter), and I doubt I ever will see them at retail.

-M
          I see series 2 all the time still. Have only ever seen series 3 in Walgreens. Have you checked there? Series 4 popped up here in Canada for a bit but they've dried up. Have yet to see series 5 here. Fortunately my sister found a few back home in Illinois. What I really would like is the non-DC orange astronaut in the recent blind bags, but I hardly ever see them. He's a riff on the old Fisher Price adventure people. Keeping my eyes peeled and fingers crossed.

Having said all that, I have a Hawkgirl if you're interested. I opened the blind bag but put her back in. I also ended up with a blue-suited Sinestro I don't want, plus the Nightwing figure from the Canary motorcycle set if either of those interest you. Can trade or sell you the Hawkwoman, but if you're in the US the shipping from Toronto might stink. Hopefully I'll be popping over to Buffalo before too long to look for Mego wave 2 though and could ship from there if you feel patient. Lmk, or like I said check Walgreens and CVS if you haven't tried them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

SF series 1 was legendarily scarce. Wave 3 was WalGreens-only as Mary notes.

I had terrific luck finding Imaginext at K-Mart. Now, with TRU and most K-Marts gone, it's harder and harder to find things. I will say, if you're patient and wait out the frenzy of new releases, ebay has some decent secondary prices for scarce stuff.

Sometimes I see multi-pack SF on ebay and think, "Where were these ever available?"
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Mary Canary
              I see series 2 all the time still. Have only ever seen series 3 in Walgreens. Have you checked there? Series 4 popped up here in Canada for a bit but they've dried up. Have yet to see series 5 here. Fortunately my sister found a few back home in Illinois. What I really would like is the non-DC orange astronaut in the recent blind bags, but I hardly ever see them. He's a riff on the old Fisher Price adventure people. Keeping my eyes peeled and fingers crossed.

Having said all that, I have a Hawkgirl if you're interested. I opened the blind bag but put her back in. I also ended up with a blue-suited Sinestro I don't want, plus the Nightwing figure from the Canary motorcycle set if either of those interest you. Can trade or sell you the Hawkwoman, but if you're in the US the shipping from Toronto might stink. Hopefully I'll be popping over to Buffalo before too long to look for Mego wave 2 though and could ship from there if you feel patient. Lmk, or like I said check Walgreens and CVS if you haven't tried them.
              I'll check Walgreens and get back to you. I have an extra sealed Deadshot blindbag and an opened Black Adam from Series 5 in you are interested (I couldn't remember the numbers for the two I had so picked up one of each today to be sure I got the whole wave).

I love the non DC stuff too, especially the fantasy themed stuff (the elves with the swords and purple cloaks are particular favorites, as is the Egyptian themed stuff). I am not sure what else I can offer in trades (I do have some extra Marvel and DC nano-metal figures and extra DC Super-hero Girls Happy Meal toys lying around, but I don't tend to pick up extras of anything or stuff I am not interested in to complete lines anymore unless it's a situation like today. If we do end up trading/buying, I can be patient until you get to the Buffalo area, but I will check the local Walgreens (I always forget they carry toys now) over the weekend.

-M
              Last edited by MRP; Sep 27, '18, 9:41 PM.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

Oh PNGWynne, I didn't know wave 3 was exclusive to Walgreens! Now it makes sense why that's the only place I've seen them. And why wave 3 was seemingly skipped in Canada!

And MRP, no worries. Now that you know to check Walgreens look around different stores in your area and see if they're still available. And if you don't find her lmk. Mine isn't going anywhere. I only picked her up because she was in stock and you know how it is when you finally find them. Ha! But she's not a must have for me. Happy to let her go to someone who really wants her.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 21, 2017

The Scooby Doo Imaginext stuff is in Canada TrU. I picked up the Velma set and the Charlie the Funland Robot set. The two I wanted most. They're fun little figures. Reminds me of the good old days.

20181018_164323.jpg

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Found all but one of Wave 11 Imaginext (#54-the blue sci-fi guy with with his dog) at the Kroger superstore we stopped at today (also checked out the Geoffrey's Toybox while there). Really like the wave (except the MUSCLE clones which I had no affinity for the toy line they are homaging so they are basically unarticulated action figure looking erasers rather than actual Imaginext toys). The plastic they are made from has a funky odor too, which wound up the dog who wanted to eat them, a reactionhe has never had to Imaginext before.

-M

Comment

• Mary Canary
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 21, 2017

^ The MUSCLE men and the X-Ray man were my 2 must haves from Wave 11 and I was lucky to find them. I'm hoping they make the X-Ray woman to go with the man. I had these when they were originally produced as Fisher Price Adventure People, so it's cool to me that they have a brand new life with Imaginext! The MUSCLE men were never anything I collected, but I love the nostalgia of them and I like that they are different from the regular Imaginext figures. Sorry they are upsetting your dog though! Maybe they smell like chew toys?

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

I saw the Series 5 packs with Supergirl at Target today.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Black Bat & Ninja Batman

20181105_142319[1].jpg

Found this at my local grocery store, I did not know they were doing the Black Bat.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Check this out - Walmart sighting

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 21, 2017

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡