X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

Hey Everyone! Sorry that I have been MIA

Hello everyone! I REALLY apologize for being MIA. I can't believe it has almost 2 years now. Life really hit me HARD the past 2-3 years but that is no excuse for not keeping in touch. This is the greatest group of people on the web, in my opinion. I am sitting here fairly stunned that it's been so long. I am doing well. I had a couple of personal and financial tragedies that derailed me but all is going well now. The financial stuff cost me almost my entire collection AND my beloved Coke machine but it's all just stuff and can always be replaced. The biggest "distraction" I have had was my foray into producing a music tribute festival. It is currently named Logan Brinson Elvis Festival but is really a music festival with tributes to many artists (mostly oldies) such as Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, The Everly Brothers, Johnny Cash, Elton John and many others. It was started with the intention of donating all the proceeds to the Buddy Holly Educational Foundation. With the passing of Logan on 2016 it was renamed to honor him and all of the proceeds are donated to the Lovis Foundation, which was founded by Logan's mother to benefit special needs kids. It's really a great time and a very fun festival. Supes was there the first year, he couldn't make it last year due to knee problems, but I am hoping he comes this year. You can find out more information about it on the website or Facebook page and I want to invite any Museum members to come totally free of charge. I will setup a table just for the group. If you enjoy the show, just put a few dollars in the donation box. It's a fun time and for the best cause out there. I can't think of anything better than helping kids. The other thing I have been getting back into is traditional B&W film photography. One of the casualties of the financial problems was that we had to sell our house and move into an apartment. One of the benefits of this was that it is more of a condo and has a full sized basement. I was able to build a beautiful darkroom down there. I am really anxious to gt back into B&W white printing. I have some shots I want to print along with some digital shots that are all going to be sold at our local art show in August with all of the proceeds going to the foundation. Anyway, enough about me, how has everyone been? What has everyone been up to? I need to get to a meet. I had a lot of fun the few times I was there and I will be in Chicago in early June this year for a show. That would be great if it's the same weekend as the meet, I will have to check the dates.
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

Here is the flyer for my show if anyone wants to check it out:

Comment

• alex
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 15, 2009

Welcome back Scottie, good to hear from U, didnt realise so much had happened to you, glad your still on your feet. Life just ticking along from my end, havent travelled for the last two years, just the usual London commute to work, and just chilling in Poland now, waiting for warmer weather. See U around

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Yeaaaaaaaah! Scott is baaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the nicest/coolest members...hall of fame for sure...

God, so sorry for the things you went through...but looks like you bounced back with a vengeance, that’s awesome to hear.

Glad you are back posting, buddy...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

So sorry about the passing of Logan, read your entire brochure, looks like he was a great kid, full of joy despite his medical issues...
          sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Welcome back! Happy to know that you're back on your feet! Life is full of twists and turns, but you persevered.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Did you keep any mego pieces?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Wonderful to have you back! Your kindness was integral for me in building my collection; it's something that I still think upon in appreciation.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Indeed, welcome back… Apes Together Strong!

Silver gelatin in the 21stC rox0rz! Enjoyed the read about Logan; great project you're producing.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                    The name says it all!
                    • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
                    So sorry about the passing of Logan, read your entire brochure, looks like he was a great kid, full of joy despite his medical issues...

He was, Hec. If anyone could have been mad and depressed about his life, it was him. However, he always was ready with a smile and a hug for everyone. He inspired me to do all this work year round (and lose a lot of money trying to get the show rolling) with no benefit to me other than to see a smile on a kid's face - which is worth more than any dollar amount you can name. I still get choked up when I talk about him during the show. He was a special person and touched many lives.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                      The name says it all!
                      • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                      Did you keep any mego pieces?
                      I still have one piece remaining and it's a doozy - my mailer bagged Cornelius. I thought I had it sold a few times but it always fell through. And I guess it was meant to be as I am glad I have it. It will make a great first piece to start the collection rebuilding!

Comment

• megoapesnut
                        The name says it all!
                        • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Wonderful to have you back! Your kindness was integral for me in building my collection; it's something that I still think upon in appreciation.
                        Great to be back and especially hear from YOU!!

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Good to hear, Scott...
                          sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Great to hear from you Scott

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

terrific to see your avatar sir, sorry to hear about the downturn though.

I didn't realize you were behind the festival, I guess I should have guessed that from your passion though.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎