Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLACK PANTHER REVIEWS - Spoiler Free, please!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Looking forward to it.My son and I are going to the 4:15 showing tomorrow.
    It’s been booked solid since opening.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Black Panther, in only its second week of release, $400 million domestically...$700 worldwide total.

A giant box office hit...this has legs for the billion mark...
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Both my kids went with friends, so I have nobody to see it with. This is weird.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

^That's every movie for me... except my kid has no interest, nor does my wife, so, sadly... yeah, I see a lot of movies alone. It helps if you call it "taking in a screening" rather than "going to the movies".

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Black Panther was fantastic, but the fact that it has already made more than Justice League in its entire run is basically the death knell of the DCEU. There's no way WB can't look at that and go "Star over". Other than Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2, I bet they are done.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

It has reached $900 million worldwide...the one billion mark is just around the corner...
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Black Panther was fantastic, but the fact that it has already made more than Justice League in its entire run is basically the death knell of the DCEU. There's no way WB can't look at that and go "Star over". Other than Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2, I bet they are done.

Chris
                I'm thinking WW, Aquaman and Shazam will set a new tone for the DC movies to come.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I'm still waiting and hoping that at some point we get a Marvel/DC crossover movie, Batman and Iron Man team up
                  Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark do have some things in common, why not bring them together in a joint cause to save there
                  Industries from super evil forces. I guess if a crossover movie were to be made, it would be logical for Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark to meet each other, I know there's a story line in there somewhere.

Superman and Spiderman team up could also work, Clark and Peter both work for newspaper companies.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) and Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie)...together...

sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

An Avengers/Justice League crossover would certainly be a spectacular movie in the unlikely event any Disney/Warner Bros. super hero collaborations ever happen.

I enjoyed Black Panther for the most part. Some great action sequences and compelling characters.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                        Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) and Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie)...together...

They are both DC, so it could happen.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 3, 2012

I enjoyed Black Panther thoroughly. As a kid buying his 70's run off the spinner racks (along with Black Lightning) , this is really a great time for me.

Those who didn't enjoy the movie just have no desire to be open to other rperople's points of view, as depicted in a movie.
                          I've had many a white friend (with the deer in the headlights look), come to me afterward and ask "Is this what life is like for you?"
                          I just give them the ol "smile and wave boys, smile and wave".....

You can see McGregor and Priest's ( especially Priest's) BP Comic runs in the movie, and for that I'm very grateful...some of the best of Panther comics translated to screen.

It is well worth the price of a ticket, or a DVD Rental for those waiting for Home Theater watching.

Me I've seen it twice, and will pre-order the Blu-Ray when it comes available.
                          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            They are both DC, so it could happen.
                            That’s why I’m enthusiastic, it’s more than possible, lol...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

It’s now the third highest domestic grossing comic book superhero of all times...and will be number two soon, passing the Dark Knight...

And it’s about to cross the billion mark worldwide...

Not too shabby for a B-type superhero...just like Iron Man did before...
                              sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

I finally got to see this on Saturday with my older son. We both liked it, I did as others mentioned find it predictable in some spots, but a lot of movies are guilty of that. I usually gauge my enthusiasm for a movie if I'd like to go see it again in the theater. For me, once in the theater is fine for this one, I'll happily watch it again on Bluray or other means when it is released for purchase.
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡