X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Beards and Mustaches for Mego's

Hey folks, does anyone have ideas for making beards and mustaches for Mego heads, or know of anyone who makes them?

I'm doing a custom of the Lazarus character from Star Trek and my original idea of using paint brush bristles and superglue for the beard and mustache didn't work, so I'm asking around to see if anyone can help me out

Thanks and always appreciate any help.
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I have these: http://www.lasermego.com/latest-news...moustachemania

But they aren't bushy enough for what you want.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Thanks I appreciate the help, I forgot you had these on your website, those are perfect for old school western characters
      I will keep this in mind since I like doing old west characters.

Comment

• Phosfate
        • Jan 16, 2018

Testors modeling putty (in the grey tube, about three bucks) is pretty great for sculpting hair wherever you want to put it. It's about the consistency of cake frosting, so you'll want a dull X-Acto blade to move it around. You can sand it when it's dry, if necessary. I'm NOT sure it will be happy if the head it's on is boiled, so I'd put the head on its final body before starting to sculpt. I have customs using it that are 10-15 years old, and they're still together.

It gets a little whiffy, like marker fumes, so have a fan going in the room.
        I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Phosfate
          Testors modeling putty (in the grey tube, about three bucks) is pretty great for sculpting hair wherever you want to put it. It's about the consistency of cake frosting, so you'll want a dull X-Acto blade to move it around. You can sand it when it's dry, if necessary. I'm NOT sure it will be happy if the head it's on is boiled, so I'd put the head on its final body before starting to sculpt. I have customs using it that are 10-15 years old, and they're still together.

It gets a little whiffy, like marker fumes, so have a fan going in the room.

That might be a last ditch option if all else fails, I'll remember using a fan and probably an open window might be a good idea as well.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎