Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repro Action Jackson Assembly FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Phosfate View Post
    I've had CTVT heads react really well to hot water even though they feel hard as rocks when cold. Give it a try. At the worst you have to find something to do with a cup of warm water.
    I put some figures together last night and I think you’re right. Even though I was fitting heads on bodies that screw together, I could tell the heads aren’t as rock solid as I thought. Thanks!
    DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Images
    There is also a little "plug" in some of necks of the newer (and older) heads. Part the manufacturing process. Poke that into the head with a screwdriver or pull it out with needle nose pliers and it makes a hot-water softened neck post far easier to compress and get into the neck hole. It's worked for me more than a few times.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by lilbrosj66 View Post
    There is also a little "plug" in some of necks of the newer (and older) heads. Part the manufacturing process. Poke that into the head with a screwdriver or pull it out with needle nose pliers and it makes a hot-water softened neck post far easier to compress and get into the neck hole. It's worked for me more than a few times.
    Yes, that’s right! The AJ heads I just bought are so perfectly painted that the idea of heating those heads, then squeezing and man handling the paint to get them into those bodies just didn’t seem right. The neck bottom is going to have to be folded in half and shoved onto that hole with brute force. The neck hole is waaay smaller than the neck. I think opening the neck hole with a Dremel attachment would make it easy.

I got the heads installed onto different bodies where that’s not an issue and I am very happy with how the combination worked. Thanks for the install tip!

f4342A620-6BEB-487D-9B9B-46469004959B.jpg
    371D01B4-1EBE-41B5-B35D-B9B5B9BBC773.jpg
    DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!