Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Finale or...a NEW Begining?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Finale or...a NEW Begining?

I won't give any spoilers for the Season finale of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY(I don't watch the show myself)but from what I just read...I just might have to watch the next season! But they might have to re-name it I hope!
    sigpic
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to be contained seasons? A new storyline and cast occasionally?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to be contained seasons? A new storyline and cast occasionally?
      Well, when I first starting reading about the new Star Trek TV series...I believe it was Brian Fuller who had planned to make each season a NEW Crew(maybe each in a different time period?). Since he left, I assumed that was out the window...but maybe not?
      sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
        Well, when I first starting reading about the new Star Trek TV series...I believe it was Brian Fuller who had planned to make each season a NEW Crew(maybe each in a different time period?). Since he left, I assumed that was out the window...but maybe not?
        I really liked that idea when it first came out. I would be sort of like "American Horror" only have a bit more connection between seasons. And I thought it'd be great to see more Star Trek in the WOK era.

But the finale did wrap up a major season arc, and they can go in any direction now. There are a number of the characters, like Burnham, Tilly and Saru that I really like and would miss if they weren't part of the show in a meaningful way going forward. My guess is they will keep to the current time line and core characters for the next season.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

I figured you guys in particular would appreciate this!

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
            I figured you guys in particular would appreciate this!

https://twitter.com/daytonward/statu...3415544893440/
            Cool!

Ya know, I've said it before because it was an early idea of mine...that the best way to launch a new Star Trek series would be to go back to Captain Pike's era. I really hope that's the direction the leaning towards, because that would get me watching the show. But with my luck...it'll only be a two-part storyline.
            sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

More news! It looks like Spock will be appearing on Star Trek Discovery! Which of course makes sense if they are bringing in Captain Pike...Spock would be his first Officer. Although I find the article a bit confusing, saying that "young Spock" will appear in flash backs?

Spock is confirmed to appear in Start Trek: Discovery season 2, though not in the way you might want.
              sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

More news! It looks like Spock will be appearing on Star Trek Discovery! Which of course makes sense if they are bringing in Captain Pike...Spock would be his first Officer. Although I find the article a bit confusing, saying that "young Spock" will appear in flash backs?

https://screenrant.com/spock-confirm...very-season-2/
                I suppose it could be before Spock gets to the Enterprise under Pike or maybe he leaves it only to come back again under Kirk. The exchange between Sarak and Michael when they saw the ship implied something, and the assumption was Spock was there. But that didn't have to be what it meant. Or the "young Spock" flashbacks refers to his childhood on Vulcan and nothing to do with seeing the Enterprise.

So who knows. I look forward to finding out, though.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Have not watched it nor will I watch it until it’s free. I’m not paying a dime for that lame CBS All Acccess subscription...it has nothing to offer except Trek...it’s no Netflix...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Love Star Trek ..

Never seen "DISCOVERY"

Don't have the extra Wampum to get Discovery.

Crazy, but I feel i'm not missing anything.

Yea, yea, Captain Pike is King of the Universe - but who really cares ?

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

https://screenrant.com/spock-confirm...very-season-2/
                      The indication was this was going to be a childhood flashback from when she and Spock were growing up. There has been no word on a "Starfleet-era Spock" making an appearance... but you figure it has to happen. Surely they are just saving that for a big announcement.

Comment

• johnmiic
                        Adrift
                        • Sep 6, 2002

Teaser Trailer featuring voice over dialogue from Capt. Pike, (Jeffery Hunter),and Mr. Spock. Note you can see TOS style uniforms being sewn and worn in some shots.

Last edited by johnmiic; Apr 27, '18, 5:34 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Wow! That was GREAT! Thanks for posting it!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎