el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Zach Snyder was actually fired

The truth is coming out...

sigpic
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Can't say I'm surprised. I already imagined WB previewing JL after the beating they took from BatmanVSuperman and looking at each other like "It's more of the same... it's more of what everyone hated!" What a mess they have on their hands. I think they should abandon trying to follow Marvel's blueprint and start all over. Just scrap everything that was built on the Snyderverse.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I'd keep a few of the actors... Gal Gadot, Henry Cavill, and I did like Affleck, too. Jeremy Irons, Jason Momoa, and JK Simmons should all stay on, too. Just reboot the storyline but keep most of the actors.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I misspelled Zack, sorry, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

darn it Hector.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            I'd keep a few of the actors... Gal Gadot, Henry Cavill, and I did like Affleck, too. Jeremy Irons, Jason Momoa, and JK Simmons should all stay on, too. Just reboot the storyline but keep most of the actors.
            Agreed.

We all know Gal Gadot is not going anywhere...she’s the safest outta the bunch.

I like Ezra Miller a lot more than Grant Gustin, except the costume.
            sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Do you think they can change the vibe without changing the actors? Aside from WW, I kind of don't think so. It will be interesting to see. I just feel like the other actors in those roles are tainted.

So start over completely like Marvel did with Spiderman Homecoming. People were ok with the other Peter Parker, but ZIPPPP!!! he's gone!

...I just got done saying they should stop following Marvels lead, didn't I.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I never thought the PR story made sense, so I kind of felt it wasn't quite amicable either.

As one of the minority who enjoyed Justice League, I think a change of direction can salvage this series without jettisoning the cast. Especially if James Wan's Aquaman is as good as rumoured.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

He's far from my ideal casting, but my verdict is deferred on Momoa until I see the standalone film.

I do think DC has backed itself into a corner, but the ensemble doesn't stink.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I also agree that they should keep most of the cast(except Momoa...not sure about Miller?). I really hope Affleck doesn't leave!
                    sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Definitely want to see Gal Gadot stay, also want Henry Cavill to stay, Affleck too.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

Keep the cast...Change up some costumes (Flash, Aquaman and some elements of Batman...hate the Miller black chest emblem), and hire Peter Jackson or James Cameron as director... WB/DC will make a fortune. Additionally, Hope the new director can bring back the beauty\essence of "Superman flying" and not him flying like Marvel's Thor (can't appreciate the flying scenes if it's at Mach 5)....LOL.
                        Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 12, '18, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

They couldn't fire him as the contract is with his production company and his wife is a credited producer, so I don't know why this guy is claiming as such. From a production perspective, they asked for revisions which he provided along with his final cut. At that point WB declared his directorial obligations complete which allowed them to do what they wanted, i.e Whedon and the reshoots. And highly doubt Zack wanted to keep working after his daughter's death anyway.

It's still akin to how Whedon wormed his way into the Avengers gig. He went to the comics people who connected him to the studio, he offers to help punch up the script and then undermines the director's support with the producers. Did it to Favreau, did it to Zack.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Whatever ACTUALLY happened... I don't care at this point... the story true or false reads essentially as I imagined it and spoke about it at the time it happened.

Something obviously occurred quite like it. And its apparent to me the exact events will likely never be known.

Hopefully good things are in store as the DCEU moves into the future.
                            Last edited by huedell; Feb 13, '18, 12:43 PM.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Either way, if the DCEU movies continued on the path of Justice League (as released), I would more than be happy with that. But given the financial disappointment it was, I kind of doubt that is going to happen.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎