Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kept back
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 2, 2002

Any thoughts about the Flash movie being Flashpoint and basically rebooting the DCEU?
    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^It would be a sly way for them to keep what they want, and jettison what they don't. Plus, Miller's Flash was surprisingly well-received, after all the nerd rage of not using Grant Gustin.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
        Cavill has the more accurate Superman comic book look, way more muscular and chiseled than Routh. Cavill’s problem was Znyder...just like your (and mine’s) hated Star Wars prequels were ruined by George Lucas inept directing.

Cavill showed he can be an affable heroic Superman...it was seen in the end of JL. You can be sure that under the direction of Joss Whedon...he will make a truly great Superman.

Totally agree! Cavill is a GREAT Supes! No reason to change anything there!
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            ^It would be a sly way for them to keep what they want, and jettison what they don't. Plus, Miller's Flash was surprisingly well-received, after all the nerd rage of not using Grant Gustin.

Chris
            Nerd rage should now be directed at the CW Flash, as how idiotic it has become, starting with Grant himself, lol.
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
              Nerd rage should now be directed at the CW Flash, as how idiotic it has become, starting with Grant himself, lol.
              One of my least favourite arguments in fandom is "TV guy should play movie guy". Why are we reading comics about multiverses and have to be so close minded?
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

I'm curious to see what happens when they do another movie with the same cast, which is what I think they will do. Already JL didn't get the numbers that were expected opening weekend because the audience remembered how they were burned by BvS and didn't show up. I think the audience will see Cavill and Affleck in the trailer, roll their eyes, and stay home again. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe JL eventually brought some people back. Maybe Aquaman will work. I think they're snake bit, but I haven't been a fan of the direction and tone of any of the DC movies since Batman Begins with WW being an exception.

I like Cavill. I think he was given a bad hand to play.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                  One of my least favourite arguments in fandom is "TV guy should play movie guy". Why are we reading comics about multiverses and have to be so close minded?
                  It's about investment of time. We really don't need two Flash properties unless they're going to parlay the multiverse into an acknowledgment of TV and film existing in parallel dimensions. Otherwise, the movie always takes precedent over the TV show no matter how good the TV show is and it sends a message that the studio doesn't value the loyalty of your time. That's always been the crux of the problem with exploiting a dedicated fanbase. These properties have no value without individuals making a commitment and the producers need to acknowledge that. Marvel was the first to get that.

Smallville is still better than any Superman iteration that comes since. Rosenbaum's Luthor looks like a tour de force in acting compared to Eisenberg. 40 y/o Welling now looks like a freeky-deeky hybrid of both Reeves. They had an entire built-in audience and a ten season series to exploit, but nope, territorial fights over credits won out. Stooopid.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I whole heartedly disagree with that POV especially putting a cape on Welling but you just boiled it down, it's preference, not logic.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

when was that, about 15 years ago the WB suits thought it was too confusing for the public to have multiple Batmen running around?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

I enjoyed the heck out of "Smallville", but largely because I compartmentalized it and didn't let myself believe it was connected to Superman in any significant way. It was a fun show that told stories that could have just as easily been retooled as "X-Files" installments by changing the characters and setting. I was okay with that, but it wasn't really Superman, to me. I did enjoy (also, groaned at times) how they would re-imagine other established comic book characters to fit into the Smallville Universe, but all of it was stand-alone as far as I was concerned. Maybe like how "Riverdale" would be to established Archie Comics fans, but I haven't seen any episodes of "Riverdale" to know if that is an apt comparison.

As far as the current movies go, you can keep all the actors and I'd be okay with any of them (Gal Gadot must stay). I'd really like to see the tone and stories move more toward a Timmverse kind of production, just as others have said.
                        Last edited by Makernaut; Feb 16, '18, 2:17 PM.

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

SO what's the truth here? I read online how Z.S. wasn't fired more recently than when this thread was posted. It's difficult to trust any online sources about anything.
                          My stupid Facebook feeds state one thing one day, then counter the topic the next day.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^Wasn't it just one tweet that said Snyder was fired? What Culture is often times snarky fun, but they are really just click bait with personality. I wouldn't put too much stock into anything they say until it is confirmed by multiple sources.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

^That's about right.

Snyder is the only one who may utter the word "fired" as WB legal won't allow it. I think what we're looking for is an interview where the journo declares Snyder was fired and asks the subject about the aftermath. That way, the subject can either disavow the firing or indirectly acknowledge it by letting the premise stand and talk about subsequent events.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎