X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Either way, if the DCEU movies continued on the path of Justice League (as released), I would more than be happy with that. But given the financial disappointment it was, I kind of doubt that is going to happen.
    It's all about Aquaman. The new rumor is Wan put him in classic orange and green. If true, how many hours after the first screenings do we hear they cut and bleached his hair?

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
      It's all about Aquaman. The new rumor is Wan put him in classic orange and green. If true, how many hours after the first screenings do we hear they cut and bleached his hair?
      Hopefully right away? That'd be great. I'd go JUST for that. I'm committing right now.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
        The new rumor is Wan put him in classic orange and green.

sigpic

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 13, 2016

This article made me so happy. Which might be a messed up thing to say, but he was a craptastic film maker long before the personal tragedy.
          -Diana

Comment

• AJ-Paratrooper
            Museum Patron
            • Mar 1, 2008

I liked BvS, it was just way too long and when the cut it down, they destroyed the story. It was basically unfixable! I guess that was a disaster for WB. That Batman nightmare sequence, for example, depicting the para-demons was truly creepy and intense. JL didn’t have any of that spooky fear and dread. I guess they wanted to abandon that direction and they did.

For the first time on film, Snyder showed a bulked up Batman lifting weights...now that was cool!

Well, since nobody apparently liked the seriousness of Snyder, it looks like the DCEU will be more like Marvel from here on out. Not really what I want but I guess I’m in the minority.
            DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

I disliked MoS, LikeBvS, Loved WW, hought JL was decent.

Snyder: Good Bye.
              Eisenburg - get rid of him!
              Cavill - please leave. Can I have Routh back?
              Affleck OK
              Gadot - IS WW must keep. They could disconinue JLand just continue this series withguest appearances by B & S.
              the reet of the cast: Aquaman, Cyborg fine, Flash whatever, other cast I either don't care or don't like them much

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by AJ-Paratrooper
                I liked BvS, it was just way too long and when the cut it down, they destroyed the story. It was basically unfixable! I guess that was a disaster for WB. That Batman nightmare sequence, for example, depicting the para-demons was truly creepy and intense. JL didn’t have any of that spooky fear and dread. I guess they wanted to abandon that direction and they did.

For the first time on film, Snyder showed a bulked up Batman lifting weights...now that was cool!

Well, since nobody apparently liked the seriousness of Snyder, it looks like the DCEU will be more like Marvel from here on out. Not really what I want but I guess I’m in the minority.
                Its fine if Batman is a bit gloom and doom, but the rest of the DCU doesn't need to be painted the same colors. It makes for better contrast if Superman were positive and hopeful next to Bats, but I guess that isn't a vision that is shared by Snyder. He likes it all dark and depressing.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I won't miss Snyder, but I always hate it when corporate types finally remove their heads from their arses and fire the scapegoat. They hired Snyder and let him run free. They are responsible for the tone of these films. They could have stepped in at any point before and mandated changes.

The cast of these films is fine. I liked the portrayals in JL. Affleck's Batman was far to unhinged and psycho, and he flipped over with one word: "Martha". But that's not his fault. That's the script, Snyder, and WB deciding the direction they wanted.

I hope Cavill gets another go at Superman. I loved his upbeat take on him in JL. It was nice to see this obviously charming guy SMILE as Superman, and enjoy helping people.

Gadot is perfect. The rest are fine by me.

Cut Eisenberg and Leto please.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

My 2 cents? Flush it, reboot. Make the Superfriends movie people really want to enjoy.

We live in dark times, and people need colorful spandex heroes to make them smile.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I won't miss Snyder, but I always hate it when corporate types finally remove their heads from their arses and fire the scapegoat. They hired Snyder and let him run free. They are responsible for the tone of these films. They could have stepped in at any point before and mandated changes.
                      Yeah, agreed, they saw BVsS and said "keep going". Mind you they may have been in mid production when the public reacted but still, course correction was possible.

I think it's possible to turn this around, I personally want a "Timmverse" JL movie and it could be with a few important tweaks. I like the casting of the League just fine, I remember being suspicious of Ezra Miller but he ended up being the audience, so it worked for me.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh, I'd love for them to follow the Timmverse model more closely. I do feel some of that feeling was in JL (Cyborg's and Flash's scenes reminded me of GL and Flash from the animated show), but if they just adapted "Secret Origins", that wouldn't bother me one bit.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Yeah, agreed, they saw BVsS and said "keep going". Mind you they may have been in mid production when the public reacted but still, course correction was possible.
                          Now that's the real story. If Zack is culpable for anything, it's how he rammed JL into production. It was not the standard "start date - GO" process and WB has never been clear as to why it happened.

As best I can tell, they enacted a producer's clause and commenced physical production...during BvS?!...with nothing locked down. But that seems to be the pattern from MoS fallout and the regime change. There were a few articles detailing how Snyder and Goyer pitched BvS with nothing ready, how Affleck was shoehorned after Bale, bailed...

...so they've been producing on the fly for years, merging one movie's pre-production with another's physical, while cobbling pieces together like Momoa supposedly having a DC contract since 2011, Gadot testing for Faora in MoS...and just went to town.

I always go back to how Snyder was a god after 300, and then he blew it by turning down steady projects for Watchmen and Sucker Punch. I have to believe he looked at JL as his last big shot at taking on Michael Bay. When you look at the trail of bodies Bay has left - Stephen Sommers, Ratner, McG, Emmerich - Snyder wasn't that much different.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                            Cavill - please leave. Can I have Routh back?
                            Good grief, no.

Routh was nothing but a cheap Chris Reeve clone. Plus he was a creepy stalker, lol.

Now he’s on Legends of Tomorrow, he’s fully settled as a TV actor...I don’t picture him as a movie star in the foreseeable future.

Cavill has the more accurate Superman comic book look, way more muscular and chiseled than Routh. Cavill’s problem was Znyder...just like your (and mine’s) hated Star Wars prequels were ruined by George Lucas inept directing.

Cavill showed he can be an affable heroic Superman...it was seen in the end of JL. You can be sure that under the direction of Joss Whedon...he will make a truly great Superman.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

The cast of these films is fine. I liked the portrayals in JL. Affleck's Batman was far to unhinged and psycho, and he flipped over with one word: "Martha". But that's not his fault. That's the script, Snyder, and WB deciding the direction they wanted.

I hope Cavill gets another go at Superman. I loved his upbeat take on him in JL. It was nice to see this obviously charming guy SMILE as Superman, and enjoy helping people.

Gadot is perfect. The rest are fine by me.

Cut Eisenberg and Leto please.

Chris
                              Agreed across the board.

Looks like Leto might be on his way out. Casting Joaquin Phoenix in a stand alone Joker movie, makes me think bye bye, Leto. I think Suicide Squad 2 will be the last time we see Leto as the Joker.

I think casting Phoenix was a brilliant move...I can totally picture him as the Clown Prince of Crime.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

This guys agrees...

Some may think that potentially casting Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker is nothing more than a stunt. However, there's a good case to be made about how his hypothetical gig could be one hell of a perfect

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎