Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phosfate
    • Jan 16, 2018

Officer Rogers' Hat - Threat or Menace?

This isn't quiiiite a customs question, but it's a taking stuff apart question,so I figured this would be the best place to post.

ThinkGeek's Captain American arrived this morning, bravely trudging through the snow. For the first time, I understand the charm of the Mego box.

Anyway, Captain Zantor really needs to pull his weight around this place a little more, and I've decided Silver Age Cop is the perfect job for him. But Officer Rogers' hat appears to be a part of his head, or at least held on with powerful electromagnets.

I can always find Zantor another hat (shoot, I can make him a teeny beanie and he won't know it's wrong, he's not from around here) and save Officer Rogers' head for a possible Nicholas Angel, so this is not an Alien Cop Hat Emergency.

So: has anyone succeeded in removing The Hat? If so, how? And is it still useful as a hat, or are you left with two-thirds of a head and a hat filled with hard plastic?
    I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I have not cut one apart yet because...well, I don't know why. For whatever bizarre reason, it's either molded onto the head or very powerfully glued-on and overpainted. God knows, I tried to pry one off.

My vote is for molded. Member Crimson Ghost, who has worked on the line, may have some insight.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

It's molded. Dr. Mego also sells the hat separately, although I suppose it could be cut away with an exacto blade. I haven't tried it.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        It's molded. Dr. Mego also sells the hat separately...
        I wondered about that, thanks.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Phosfate
          • Jan 16, 2018

Thank you!

Comment

• Phosfate
            • Jan 16, 2018

Thank you, CrimsonGhost. A few years ago I would've tried cutting it off, but after the incident where an X-Acto blade hit a flaw hidding in the plastic, slid over to my left knuckle, my right hand contracted and made a tube of super glue gel explode, fused my hands together, and sent droplets into my eye, and I had to bandage my hand with my mouth before phoning Poison Control...I'm not as adventurous as I once was. I'll just find Zantor a hat.

Comment

• Phosfate
              • Jan 16, 2018

O HAY

I just noticed that when you've hacked all the stuff out of Cap's box, take the plastic cover, put it over the bottom of the box, and you've got instant pop art. Nifty.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎