X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boba-rett
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 13, 2017

Bobarett's "Customs Officer" Series- MAD MAX

Greetings, kids. I thought I'd take you through one of my customs cradle-to-grave. This way I can gain from the fertile advice of the wonderful Mego customizing community. We're starting off here with a method for making MAD MAX, as seen in the "Road Warrior" movie. I have always been shocked that such uber accommodating franchises as Mad Max and Rocky Horror never got the Mego treatment. So, it is up to us, right?!?

Referencing the picture above, I’m starting with a Super Knights “Sir Lancelot” head. This is the closest I can get to Mel Gibson. As most folks know, I draw the line at sculpting and most painting detail because, well, because I suck at it all lol. The body is an FTC Conan to match skin tone.

Here are some starting materials: As my goodlady wife knows, I tend to work from the bottom [HE DID NOT JUST SAY THAT]. We have Black Leather Pants taken from FTC’s KISS Catman (1st Album Series?); an FTC Sleeveless Black T-Shirt; Black Cowboy Boots from 8-inch Superstore, and a Mattel Leg Brace from a WWE Stone Cold Steve Austin Action Figure. The feet had to be detached from the body as the boots used don’t easily fit over 8-inch scale feet. No harm or foul: At 46 years old, it’s all about display quality, am I right? (Or as far as we are all willing to admit to). Plus, I willingly accept this sacrifice to use these awesome, perfect boots for this project.

Next, we need to cut away at the neck of the shirt to show a worn, ripped look, like the movie. Lucky for me, the cut doesn’t need to be straight: Jagged ends should only add to the over-worn vibe. After cutting the neckline, I seal it with Aleen’s Fabric Fusion glue, a truly indispensible product that I liberally use for attaching, fixing, and whatnot for all my customs.
  • TomStrong
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2011

Looking cool so far. Love the play by play on customs.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎