• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

San Jose Super Toy Show March 3 and 4!

Hi everyone,

If you all are going to be in the San Francisco Bay Area, during the first weekend of March, Come and check out the

San Jose Super Toy and Comic Book Show

SATURDAY and SUNDAY March 3 and 4, 2018

Santa Clara County Fairgrounds

344 Tully Road, San Jose, CA 95111

250 tables of vintage to modern toys, comics and collectibles. There are artists, video game memorabilia and dolls galore..Really, too much variety to list. Silicon Valley's longest running Toy & Comic Book Convention.

Barry "Greg Brady" Williams will be at the show both days.

CBS_BRADYBUNCH_076_CLIP1_640x480_2061768388 (1).jpg

Sam "Flash Gordon" Jones will only be there on Sunday.

Flash & Dale.jpg
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

just a reminder for anyone that'll be in the san francisco/san jose bay area this weekend. great mix of vintage and modern toys!

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

very cool show! here's a photo of Sam and Barry together. photo by tina williams.

28660442_10212216913357405_9204145090693498622_n.jpg

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by starsky
        very cool show! here's a photo of Sam and Barry together. photo by tina williams.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22487[/ATTACH]
        Groovy man!
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

^ Lol yeah it was shari!!! found some cool stuff as well.

Comment

• jimbutsu
            Memory *is* RAM!
            • Apr 11, 2002

I actually ended up going to that show since I was visiting family in the area... it was decent. Totally different show depending which day you went. Saturday was a crowded zoo, Sunday was pretty chill and much more lightly attended. We did the early bird Saturday and the amount and quality of stuff there when we came back Sunday (my brother got a commission from one of the artists at the show and had to come back to pick it up) didn't seem to decrease all that much, to my surprise.

Pricing seemed way up at some booths, though - don't know if it's the perception that there's a lot of money in that area or real increases in what this stuff is going for, but some things I was interested in that just seemed way too high sat there both days, in spite of many sellers' insistence there were lots of interested people and those items would surely be gone.

EDIT: Also of note - not much in the way of Mego stuff there. A few things here and there, but not too much.
            Last edited by jimbutsu; Mar 7, '18, 10:34 AM.
            "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

Jimbutsu: was there a lot of VINTAGE stuff? (60's, 70's) or was it mostly current, 90's, 80's stuff?? Been on the fence for over a year traveling from Chicago to San Jose to check it out. Please let me know, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎