Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Netflix ?

I also checked out a documentary, Born Strong. Its about the The Arnold Strongman Classic...fascinating stuff.

Im also watching, thanks to my sister bugging me...The 100, a CW show now on Netflix, a bit millenially...but shockingly pretty entertaining...and violent/bloody. This has to be CWs most mature audiences show ever.

Might check out Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales and Cars 3, ha...

Next? Altered Carbon.

Netflix rules...

Images
    I agree, Cloverfield Paradox wasn't too bad, I didn't find it as bad as it has been labeled. I watched the first episode of Altered Carbon and it has my interest.

Altered Carbon is a pretty bonkers show - I'm only on episode 2. LOTS of obvious Blade Runner love.

Images
    Watched the remake of Cabin Fever

Stinkeroo

Talk about a cashgrab remake - wow

I've seen better movies made by Sci Fi or Chiller

--------

Tried Cloverfield Paradox ... got bored with it after a half hour and turned it off .... same with (don't kill me) Rogue One
    Last edited by Mikey; Feb 12, '18 at 4:48 PM.
    .................................................. .......................

Blog Entries
    Joel McHale seems to be relaunching "the Soup" on netflix. This brings me joy.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Joel McHale seems to be relaunching "the Soup" on netflix. This brings me joy.
    Yep, "The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale" starts Sunday, I'm really looking forward to it! First ep is going to be a Community mini-reunion with Alison Brie and Jim Rash guesting, cool!
    Last edited by cjefferys; Feb 12, '18 at 8:20 PM.

It's not like the digging most of us did through record bins or toy crates, etc, but the same kind of mentality (and an updated method) has to applied with a vast playground like Netflix - full of gems, most of them hidden under sheets of hype and algorithms.

Myself I have a browser addon that lets you search by all of the hidden categories with just a click. Invaluable!
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

As more and more companies develop their own streaming services and keep content to be exclusive on them, generalized services like Netflix will have less content to choose from (which is why they have gone all in on developing their own content). The same thing happened with HBO-as more premium movie channels ate up available content with exclusive contracts, they had to put more into developing their own content. It's only going to get worse as Disney, Warner Brothers/DC and others launch their own streaming services creating a specialized market where general content providers (like Netflix) are at an extreme disadvantage. That said, the list of things that I want to watch on Netflix is still quite long (and since I only get 2-3 hours a week of TV time until the house redo projects are done and I DVR at least twice that anyways, my list never gets any shorter).

-M

For what it's worth, I use an app called JustWatch to find movies. You can choose the providers you subscribe to and enter a program. The app will tell you which providers currently stream, sell and rent that program.

Images
    Mikey,

Did you watch The Toys That Made Us doc series on Netflix?

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?