Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: '80s toyline your regret not collecting

Dino-Riders...good lord are those things cool. If I had the money I'd still track down the entire collection even today.

Images
    Greatest American Hero. Not much to the line but prices are astronomical now.

CCC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    ^ Your interest is only mercenary lol.
    To be fair, that's all I think of is the mid-1990s TRU clearance aisle. Wish I had it all......

Images
    ^Oh, I don't begrudge it. I just hadn't considered it in starting the thread because that's never motivated my collecting. But selling off stuff you don't want to buy what you do is smart.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I love 80s toys and there were so many great lines that were out at the same time. It was impossible to keep up on them all. I do wish I had been able to get more Sectaurs. They are super cool and I only have a couple of them.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    ^Yeah, that was why I missed some lines. I was collecting MOTU, Super Powers, and Sectaurs while in high school and it was $$$.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I don't have a lot of regrets in collecting, though I do miss some things I impulsively sold, like MOTU. But there are some favorites I wish I had collected, that seem really appealing to me now. My top 3:

* Crystar. I liked these as a kid but never bought any.

*Indiana Jones. So well-made.

* Dungeons and Dragons. But I wanted the cartoon characters, too.

What did you miss collecting?
    I think someone made a line of rare non poseable Dungeons and Dragons figures of the main characters from the animated series. I would have liked to have collected those.

There may have been other 1980's toy lines that I missed, I'll have to think on it.

One toy line that I just remembered, that I missed out on buying, are the super deformed Robotech Veritech Fighters. They had a bunch of them on the discount wall at Montgomery Wards.

Power lords revel

Images
    I wish I had got the Marvel Secret Wars figures. I was still in the mindset that I was too old for toys when they came out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pmwasson View Post
    I wish I had got the Marvel Secret Wars figures. I was still in the mindset that I was too old for toys when they came out.
    That's the way I was from about 1983 until Batman came out in 89. I missed out on a lot and didn't know a lot of them existed until much later. I do wish I had full sets of Battlestar Galactica, Mattel Flash Gordon and Mego Buck Rogers figures now. Think I only bought Flash and Buck back in the day, and can't seem to score a carded Buck now to save my life.