X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

'80s toyline your regret not collecting

I don't have a lot of regrets in collecting, though I do miss some things I impulsively sold, like MOTU. But there are some favorites I wish I had collected, that seem really appealing to me now. My top 3:

* Crystar. I liked these as a kid but never bought any.

*Indiana Jones. So well-made.

* Dungeons and Dragons. But I wanted the cartoon characters, too.

What did you miss collecting?
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 9, '18, 12:11 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Super Powers. I got the first two waves, but then my interest waned as I had the major "Superfriends" characters. I wish I had stuck with the line, because the later figures are pretty tough to find, and I'll probably never complete my collection.

Black Hole. I had VinCENT and a Sentry, but that's it. I really love anything Black Hole, and don't understand why I didn't gobble these up more.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Original Transformers.

Used to buy one a week for my nephew a few years straight.

At the prices they're going for now I wish I bought 2 of each and stashed one away.

PS, never seen the show and have no interest in it

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^ Your interest is only mercenary lol.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          True, but I do have to admit ... them toys were pretty neat - only thing they were pretty dang expensive even new at the time.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I wish I hadn't ignored all of the cool He-Man like knock-offs that were everywhere.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I regret not getting deep into Star Wars toys. I'm like the only toy guy my age who wasn't.

I kind of wish I actively collected M.A.S.K. nowadays. I should have jumped on it 20 years ago before the prices got nuts. I still have all my childhood toys, but some are pretty worn.

Same for Super Powers. I've upgraded a few from my childhood, VERY worn versions, but nowadays even lose figures are priced insanely. Also wish I'd dropped a couple of hundred on a Cyborg back when he didn't cost a grand.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                I wish I hadn't ignored all of the cool He-Man like knock-offs that were everywhere.
                Remco Warlords ???

Dang, I forgot how many I seen at my local drug store - for cheap

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I collected some Warlord, they were really good for knock-offs.

I had no idea Super Powers had appreciated so much. I have a complete minty loose collection.

I'd go back and collect Crystar, but even they are pricey.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                    True, but I do have to admit ... them toys were pretty neat - only thing they were pretty dang expensive even new at the time.
                    Yes, and so were Sectaurs.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Dino-Riders...good lord are those things cool. If I had the money I'd still track down the entire collection even today.

Comment

• LordMudd
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 22, 2011

Greatest American Hero. Not much to the line but prices are astronomical now.

CCC.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          To be fair, that's all I think of is the mid-1990s TRU clearance aisle. Wish I had it all......
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^Oh, I don't begrudge it. I just hadn't considered it in starting the thread because that's never motivated my collecting. But selling off stuff you don't want to buy what you do is smart.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

I love 80s toys and there were so many great lines that were out at the same time. It was impossible to keep up on them all. I do wish I had been able to get more Sectaurs. They are super cool and I only have a couple of them.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎