X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Removing Wrinkles from Mego Clothes?

I have some Mego and repro clothes, and wondering what's the best way to remove
    wrinkles and cresses? can't steam iron them because there to small, is their
    another way? appreciate any help or thoughts.

Thanks.
  • Phosfate
    • Jan 16, 2018

There's a super tiny iron (Clover is a well known brand) that dollmakers use. It's so small that it comes on a card. Prices run from under $10 to over $50. As always, test it someplace where it won't show if the fabric burns, melts, explodes, or bursts into a puff of toxic gas.

Before that, I''d just try steaming them. Use your big iron's steam huffer (without touching the fabric), a steamer, a kettle, or hang them up in the bathroom and run a hot shower.
    I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for the Clover iron suggestion I didn't know of it.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

I make sure my hands are clean so there's no oil transfer, then I use water with a tiny bit of fabric softener and rub the wrinkles out with my fingers, then sandwich the outfit between two towels to dry.

This amuses my wife to no end.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          ...then sandwich the outfit between two towels to dry.
          This is what I (loosely) mean by blocking. It's sort of blocking and blotting at the same time, without the pins.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

Personally, I turn my clothes *inside out*, dip them quickly in and out of warm -or- hot water. I keep my iron on the lightest setting, press them (&/or focus more on a particularly difficult wrinkled area with sometimes a hotter setting), then let the rest of it drip dry. It's been better for me to always start with a lighter setting, then increase the heat 'just a bit' if it doesn't take the wrinkle out on the first try.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I thought ironing would ruin the clothes, just because there small and delicate, but after hearing some of these ideas
              I guess gently ironing won't hurt, I contacted Doc and he suggested ironing on light settings for polyester, I didn't wet
              or damp them for fear of ruining them.

Thanks Phosfate for the tony doll iron suggestion, I didn't even know that existed. EMCE and comicmike
              thank you for your suggestions as well, always appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎