Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Looks just like the Joker from Super Powers Team Galactic Guardians in 1985 in the episode called the Wild Cards. Spot on! And, just STOP already with the "Joker wasn't on the Super Friends" nonsense. If Will Rodgers included Super Powers Team Galactic Guardians in his book The Ultimate Super Friends Companion, that's good enough for me!
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
      Something about that head sculpts bugs me. I think it might be that he looks really young...like maybe a teenage Joker?
      Nah, it's the smoothness of the animated style.

I am not a fan of the Penguin wearing blue, but I realize it's an artistic conceit and I'd buy a SF version in a second. (Though I really dislike certain aspects of his GG episode.)
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by megowgsh
        Looks just like the Joker from Super Powers Team Galactic Guardians in 1985 in the episode called the Wild Cards. Spot on!
        Yup! Wonderful figure...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

It's hard to tell what kind of detail it has with that white plastic. It might look quite different in person. It's a nice sculpt that should blend right in with the other Superfriends figures.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PeterRR
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jun 2, 2008

Over size head again a common thing with FTC. I guess they don't care about scale anymore. Neck looks too long and body too skinny a definite pass. It seem like their figures are getting worse then better.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by megowgsh
              Looks just like the Joker from Super Powers Team Galactic Guardians in 1985 in the episode called the Wild Cards. Spot on! And, just STOP already with the "Joker wasn't on the Super Friends" nonsense. If Will Rodgers included Super Powers Team Galactic Guardians in his book The Ultimate Super Friends Companion, that's good enough for me!
              I didn't even watch SF at that point, and I STILL Consider those shows part of the SF collection.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I was thinking it was from the Galactic Guardians episode with the Royal Flush Gang.
              Me too.... looks VERY much like him.
              Last edited by huedell; Feb 10, '18, 5:17 PM.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

In the GG, he's even skinnier than Wonder Woman (I'm noting the final scene where he falls into her arms). I think it's a gutsy move for FTC to design this lean 8" version: I personally like the skinny Joker design. I hope he gets a white body, and *green shirt cuffs, that poke from beneath his blazer sleeves, though.
                Second part of a comparison between the various Joker voices throughout the years.Second part includes:Frank Welker from The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guar...

Last edited by comicmike; Feb 10, '18, 9:04 PM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

I watched every Super Friends/ Super Powers episode and remember Joker's sole appearance in "Wild Cards"! This new FTC Joker looks like he stepped out of the cartoon! Very Jose Garcia Lopez! I like the thin body, too and head sculpt and suit! Only need a hat and trenchcoat. This is better than the Mezco One:12 Joker I got in 2017 and now regret paying $70 for where FTC will be around $30.

Who else will be in this Super Friends wave? Hawkman? Giganta? Wonder Dog?

I eventually would like a 12" version of this Joker.

And he does look like 1990 Hamilton Gifts Presents 15" vinyl Joker figure with cloth jacket and vest I re-acquired at a flea market years ago!
                  Last edited by ovenmitt; Feb 10, '18, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Lexrules
                    • Apr 2, 2015

OUTSTANDING, I love they are moving into the Superpowers to. This will.be mine.

Comment

• OCSuperman
                      Museum Patron
                      • Sep 4, 2014

I LOVE this announcement. That said, I want Giganta and Hawkman to be made ... but extending the super friends characters would be fantastic ...

1. SF Green Arrow please,.

2. is Rima on the table now?

3. I'm predicting a SF Firestorm.

FTC ... tell us more!

Comment

• Orion1
                        • Apr 7, 2010

Looks great. Just hope the body of the figure is improved.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎