Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay sellers, how often do you get promotion emails?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

eBay sellers, how often do you get promotion emails?

Early last Fall I had it in my mind to start getting rid of a few parts of my collection that had some pretty good value. I sell very rarely on eBay, just a few things every couple yrs at most. It's hard to get motivated.

But one day I noticed an offer from eBay in my inbox that said no final value fees on three listings. This seemed like a pretty good deal, as the stuff I wanted to sell would go for several hundred dollars. So I listed, and they sold, and it worked out well.

Just a week or two later, they sent me the same offer again, and I listed three more things. Again, I did well.

That was in November. I've got more stuff to list, but all they've sent me since have been offers for "free insertion fees on an extra 200 items", and the like. Nothing for final value fees.

The cynic in me thinks that they've stopped sending me the offer because I'm taking advantage of it

Are you folks getting any final value fee offers?
  • TheMegoGuy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 26, 2014

I had a similar experience. I started selling parts of my collection in 2016. In the very beginning, I got a few of the final value fee offers. I have not gotten any in at least a year. I regularly get the free insertion offers. I also pretty frequently get offers for 8% or 10% back in eBay bucks.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎