Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70s/80s we watched ANYTHING comic book. Now we don't have to.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

70s/80s we watched ANYTHING comic book. Now we don't have to.

I thought some of the shows and movies were good in teh 1970's and 80's, but even then I knew some things were bad.

I watched. It was the only thing on.

Sure TV Hulk and Wonder Woman were good. Shazam was even good for what it was.
    But TV Spider-man was bad. Captain America was worse. Isis was terrible.
    Doctor Strange was OK, but we had entries like Legends of the Superheroes.

Superman the Movie and Superman 2 were awesome - but what else was there until Batman in 89? A captain America straight to DVD and a Fantastic Four place holder.

The cartoons were mostly awful - and I watched them all - and the reruns.

TODAY

We are so spoiled that there are some comic TV series that I don't even watch. I am 8 episodes behind in Gotham. I quit watching Arrow and Supergirl. Agents of SHEILD I rarely check in on. I gave Agent Carter and Gifted 2 episodes before stopping. I skipped over other series completely.

There are soooo many cartoons (that are good) I haven't watch half of them.

We have 5 or 6 big budget theatrical releases a year and when one is as bad as the Batman Returns (which we loved) we rail against it.

Kids today don't know what it was like to have to wait 5 to 15 years between good Superhero films.

1951 Superman and the mole men
    1966 Batman
    1978 Superman
    1981 Superman 2
    1989 Batman
    1992 Batman Returns
    1992 Batman Mask of Phantasm
    1998(?) Blade

Maybe add a couple more in there from the 50s through the 90's that's 10 in 5 decades.

We get that in 2 years these days.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I grew up watching the 70's TV series wondering where are the bad guys?? We had Spider-Man but no Sinister Six? Hulk without other gamma creatures to fight? Shazam & Isis and no Monster Society to battle? At least Wonder Woman had Nazi & Aliens to fight. SO here we are again with TV comic book shows and yes they do fight comic book villains so yes I am tune in!

For those who know me I have been watching, collecting and cataloging comic book movies and tv series for years and now enjoy the fact that I get to watch comic book shows 7 days a week and love it. There is so much available that I am behind on my wiki site and that is a good thing. Its better than watching cop shows all week long.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Bravestarr
      Museum Super Collector
      • Mar 26, 2017

Yeah back in that era it was few and far between wouldcwatfh anything com7c related

Comment

• rchatlin
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 24, 2001

r
        o
        b

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢