Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madcap70
    • Dec 4, 2017

Doc Mego 5 regular caucasian type 2 bodies question

Did anyone buy these? I bought two set's of 5 and the body are just as bad as the old CTVT bodies

I think 3 were passable and 7 will have to be to be re-strung and fixed

These are the bodies:

2017_reg_body.jpg
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

They often need to be restrung--the rigging on earlier DM bodies is quite tight and deforms the soft upper-arm plastic.

That said, I wouldn't consider them anywhere near as bad as CTVT's India bodies, which had many flaws in addition to rigging.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      That said, I wouldn't consider them anywhere near as bad as CTVT's India bodies, which had many flaws in addition to rigging.
      Me neither.
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

All but 2 of my Doc Mego buff bodies are broken at the cheap hip joints . I have only a few broken FTC figures and I buy way more from FTC. The EMCE looks better but are very fragile . I quit buying from Emce but he has a lot of fans on this site that really like his figures and don't mind restringing brand new ones.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I restring nearly all my figures no matter what company made them. I've only had a couple of figures break pins, but they break because the bands are too tight and I often restring mine right away so that might be why I haven't had many problems.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Madcap70
            • Dec 4, 2017

Double
            Last edited by Madcap70; Feb 6, '18, 3:21 PM. Reason: Double Post

Comment

• Madcap70
              • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              They often need to be restrung--the rigging on earlier DM bodies is quite tight and deforms the soft upper-arm plastic.

So you mean to tell me he's selling old bodies to get rid of them that are not up to par?? I thought he was making new bodies....

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^I did not imply that, you might try contacting him directly before making that inference. Regardless, I'm not crazy about any repro bodies, I usually use vintage ones for customs.

CTVT's earliest bodies were junk; all of the current repro ones have their strengths and shortcomings.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎