X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Need help with Tokyo Toy Shops

Would love to make it to Tokyo one day to spend all my money, but until then...

One pal was out there for business about 15 years ago, and I had asked him to stop by

He brought back a nice, loose Popy Daitetsujin 17

Many years later, I now have another pal that will be visiting Tokyo. I don't know if Forest Gangu is still the place for great finds.

Where's my best bet to find either a boxed or loose Popy Black GA-09?
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Forest Gangu has always had a reputation of being a great vintage toy store (hell, look at those sweet Jumbos in the front window!) but for some reason I've never had the opportunity to check it out, hopefully next time. The Mandarake chain of stores are notoriously higher priced but tend to have a great selection, in the Tokyo area there is one in Akihabara, an awesome one in Shibuya and for the best bang for your buck, the Broadway Mall in Nakano, which has a bunch of toy stores under one roof. Third Uncle is also good, and a couple of vintage shops in Akihabara that I always forget the names of.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

What I like to do is watch Toy Polloi's videos of when he went to Tokyo on YouTube. Gives you a good idea of what to look for if you ever make the trip. He's found some nice Micronaut/Microman stuff there.

Comment

• WannabeMego
        Made in the USA
        • May 2, 2003

The Shinagawa Flea Market!!!

I was hoping to meet up with Mr. CJefferys & Mr. SamNoir one day...Still hoping the Stars Align and Our Paths Cross One Day

Here are some other Flea Markets in Tokyo you may want to try as well:

Flea markets in Tokyo? They can be a great place to buy bargain goods and used clothing. Our Complete Guide to Tokyo Flea Markets includes tips

Good Luck
        Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by WannabeMego
          The Shinagawa Flea Market!!!

I was hoping to meet up with Mr. CJefferys & Mr. SamNoir one day...Still hoping the Stars Align and Our Paths Cross One Day

Here are some other Flea Markets in Tokyo you may want to try as well:

Flea markets in Tokyo? They can be a great place to buy bargain goods and used clothing. Our Complete Guide to Tokyo Flea Markets includes tips

Good Luck
          Thanks for that Tom, I didn't know where the flea markets were over there, this helps!

And yeah, still hoping we can all meet up over there someday, I'm still making regular trips so you never know!

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

Thanks so much guys! Hopefully this guy will accompany my friend back to the States.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎