X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
    I’m so burnt out on Star Wars. I haven’t even seen Last Jedi...
    Oh, I envy you....
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Makernaut
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
        I haven’t even seen Last Jedi...
        Same here...
        sigpic

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

I'm not sure what's up with those with such disdain for Disney-era era Star Wars.... is it that they are SUCH huge old-school SW fans that they have to ultra-hate the Disney SW films in comparison?

Granted, I am basically in that camp with the SW PT.

But, hey...

The Disney-era stuff my not be gold... but seems so many SW fans are reacting to the Disney-era stuff like its "sand is coarse and rough"/""Meesa Jar-Jar" level dreck... and I dunno... I feel that comparatively? The new SW stuff is like oxygen.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Makernaut
            That was a funny scene, lol.

He’s a good actor...my problem is that he doesn’t resemble Harrison Ford, that’s all..
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
              Same here...
              I’ll eventually check it out through a $2 Redbox rental. But I’m not paying bloody $20 for a movie theater viewing.
              sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

The Han Solo actor seems quite solid despite his questionable resemblance to old-school Ford.... speaking of old-school resemblance, the guy playing Chewbacca's is uncanny!
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by huedell
                  speaking of old-school resemblance, the guy playing Chewbacca's is uncanny!
                  Ok, now that's the funniest thing I've heard in this thread! Good one Hue!
                  sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Ok, now that's the funniest thing I've heard in this thread! Good one Hue!
                    Awww shucks! I admittedly did paraphrase it from another's Facebook post I saw earlier today... but I was hoping it could deliver with the group here! Thanks for the confirmation!!!!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

I think Solo looks very, very good. I was impressed with the TV Spot during the Superbowl, and the actual teaser trailer is even better.

I want to see Han add some of those special modifications to The Millennium Falcon.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                        Made in the USA
                        • May 2, 2003

They had to bring in an acting Coach for kid playing Han Solo, he's been struggling to get through his lines. Word on the set is...he can't act?
                        Oh Boy...I'm having Iron-Fist Flashbacks
                        Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Is any of that "acting coach/he can't act" stuff confirmed by ANYONE who was actually on the set? Yes, I know the acting coach was there, but maybe it was just to help him get some of Ford's speech or movements down.

I think some people are spreading this stuff just because they want everyone to hate this movie for whatever reason. I know changing directors isn't the best sign in the world, but better they switched than put out a total train wreck.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            Is any of that "acting coach/he can't act" stuff confirmed by ANYONE who was actually on the set? Yes, I know the acting coach was there, but maybe it was just to help him get some of Ford's speech or movements down.

I think some people are spreading this stuff just because they want everyone to hate this movie for whatever reason. I know changing directors isn't the best sign in the world, but better they switched than put out a total train wreck.

Chris
                            Well I assumed Dane was on the set since he seemed in he now. Lol
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I just saw the extended trailer on YouTube. One comment said, “Guardians of the Galaxy: A Star Wars Story”

sigpic

Comment

• clemso
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 8, 2001

The trailer reminded me of Chris Pine's first outing as Kirk before he joined Starfleet Academy.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎