Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

35th Anniversary My Little Pony at Target. The original 1983 ponies are back!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

35th Anniversary My Little Pony at Target. The original 1983 ponies are back!

G1 Ponies at Target! G1 Ponies at Target!

Six in the set found in Target's retro end cap. Fantastic reproductions by Bridge Direct of the first six 1983 MLP Hasbro toys. Only $9.99 too. What a deal! The ponies in series one are Blue Belle, Minty, Blossom, Butterscotch, Cotton Candy and Snuzzle. Will have pictures up shortly.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 4, '18, 3:17 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm no brony, but stuff like this is always good news and I'm glad they're well-made. Is this the same company the did the nice Strawberry Shortcake repros?

I will also say kudos to Hasbro for this and selling on the open market, rather than how Mattel handled MOTU. That still rankles me.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 4, '18, 3:31 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

Saw these on Instagram and promptly found them at Target. My daughter now has three of them. I was surprised by both the size and price. I have no history with these, but the kid has tons of Pony stuff so these were a no-brainer.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Is this the same company the did the nice Strawberry Shortcake repros?
        Yes, they really do high quality work at very reasonable prices.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^ Yes, I thought the SS ones were sweet. Still waiting for that Plum Puddin' though. ;-)
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
            I was surprised by both the size and price.
            Yeah, the original ponies dwarf the new ones.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Still waiting for that Plum Puddin' though. ;-)
            You and me both. She is rumored for this year. Fingers crossed!

Pony Set

mlp35th.JPG

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

How are these compared to the ones Hasbro did?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                How are these compared to the ones Hasbro did?
                They are closer to the original 80s Hasbro toys and the quality is way better.

The colors of the bodies and hair of the 25th anniversary Hasbro ones were a bit off, in my opinion. The Hair style is also wrong. They lacked the curly front lock of shorter hair and the quality overall just could have been better. The 25th anniversary Hasbro ones were based of the early issue "flat foot" ponies. Meaning their feet were flat on the bottom with a circle etched into each foot. The anniversary Hasbro ones lack the circles of the originals and are completely smooth.

The Bridge Direct ones are based on the revised "collector" ponies that were concave on the bottom of their feet. This was change done to make the ponies stand better. The flat foot ponies were a little tippy.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎